We are currently staying at the JS resort. There is an incredible amount of snow, so snowblowers and snow plows are going 24/7, yes at night. We are slope side and hear it through the night, yes this is to be expected at a ski resort so not a huge deal unless you have kids who can't sleep. Fortunately we didn't. Two major problems for us are the horrible internet, and the incredibly HOT rooms. I spoke to the front desk about both and was told; there is not enough bandwidth for the entire town of Mammoth, so if you wanted to work from here forget it, unless you do it mid day when everyone is out on the slopes. The problem with heat; even with heaters all turned to OFF, you still have to open windows (even at night), the desk clerk said that it is because the building is so well insulated and we are on the 4th floor so we get the heat from the units below. On to the good, our room is clean and well kept, no aged furniture or stuffy smells. We have nice beds (2 br) and comfy living room for the three of us, if there were more people along (condo sleeps 6) it would be tough to spread out and relax. Only a sofa and 2 person chair. Bathrooms are really big for such a tiny condo. Kitchen not well equipped. We DO almost all of our own cooking, I wished we would have had pan for baking cornbread, measuring cups and large serving bowls. ALso no saran wrap or foil provided. Pretty bare bones, but we are managing.
I would stay here again and recommend it to our friends because of the close location for skiing. Can walk to lifts. But I will also not take for granted that some of the basic kitchen stuff would be there.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Springs Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Juniper Springs Hotel
- Juniper Springs Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Juniper Springs Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have the Mountains at your Front Door. Juniper Springs Lodge, Sunstone and Eagle Run make up Mammoth's premier ski-in/ski-out resort. Located at Eagle Lodge and Eagle Express chairlift, these studio to three bedroom condos and townhomes offer an alpine getaway that is ideal for families. Juniper Springs Resort was recently named one of Conde Nast Traveler's top 50 ski resort properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Juniper Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.