“Cosy, convenient, value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cinnamon Bear Inn

You added Cinnamon Bear Inn to your Saves list
Cinnamon Bear Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   113 Center Street, US 395 north to Hwy 203 Exit, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546   |
London
“Cosy, convenient, value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Arrived at 7.30 at night and were happily accommodated in a queen room. In keeping with the building and common areas it was very cosy and homely, whilst also being clean and well-appointed. The bed was particularly comfortable. The hot tub is great for cool mountain nights. The homemade breakfast was also very good and provided ample sustenance for the day ahead. There is nothing really to criticise - it is not luxurious or high-end, but is a lovely B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
poway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This review is limited to the cancellation policy only as we did not stay at the Cinnamon Bear Inn. My Mom was hospitalized with E. coli. (She’s 80 years old) 2 nights before my wife and I were to arrive at the Inn. I contacted the Inn Keeper and explained by situation, that we simply could not travel to Mammoth Lakes for our stay. The Inn Keeper offered to give me 3 nights credit for a midweek stay only till mid-February 2014.This offer has no value to me as we live in San Diego (400 miles from Mammoth) and do not ski. I am more that willing to pay for one night lodging as a penalty but with an offer that I really cannot use I’ve now paid $ 531.48 for nothing. That is just an unfair enrichment to the Inn keeper. I’ve had my own business for 40 years (Civil Engineering) and would never treat my clients like this. This is a terrible penalty imposed on to the traveler. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
cinnamonbearinn, Owner at Cinnamon Bear Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
We went out of our way to make this guest happy. The reservation was made online with a third party for which we have paid a commission. As part of the reservation process, he checked a box stating that he has read, understood, and agreed to the cancellation policy. Our first contact was when he canceled the day before arrival. Per his agreement with the third party booking agency, he is due nothing back. However, we offered a midweek credit, good for 6 months. Then he sent us festival tickets which we tried to resell for him. Next he called and said he couldn't make it back in 6 months so we agreed to extend the period to 1 year. A month later he called and said his wife was sick and they couldn't--wouldn't be returning at all and he wanted his money back. We believe we have been more than fair in this circumstance.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed one night here as a lay over between Las Vegas and Yosemite. We checked in quite late, so our check in was done via emailed instructions which were clear and helpful. the room was on the first floor of the main complex. In there was a great big, high four poster bed which was one of the comfiest of our trip around California.

the complex is made up two buildings, the main bit and then some cabins a little bit away. At the main stay there was a hot tub open till 10, a vending machine (drinks) and the wifi. Now the wifi is the only downside to the place. there was another large group staying at the hotel and when they were all online we couldn't connect. this lasted the whole of the night and we couldn't access wifi until after breakfast.

the breakfast was as described, a mix of the expected plus custom made pancakes - in our case Blueberry.

Now for us, the best part of this hotel came when we returned to the hotel after getting food from town on the night of check in. It was dark and the hotel is a little up a back road on the left. As we drove up, something ran across our headlights - it was the Cinnamon Bear itself. It was fast, massive and very exciting to see.

I would happily stay here again

Room Tip: If you want wifi ask for the main complex. If you are unnerved by the threat of a Bear visit as for...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed one night as part of road trip. Told them that we just got engaged and were given one of the four poster rooms. Old fashioned decor and less than plush bathroom facilities but all added to the charm of the place. Breakfast was really homley and good and set us up for the day.

Room Tip: Four poster room upstairs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've stayed at Cinnamon Bear 3 times over the past 4 years and think it's wonderful. I most recently stayed Aug. 19. I live in Ventura County and own a condo that we rent out to visitors in Mammoth so I'm familiar with the quality of various Mammoth lodging places. I stayed twice while I was condo-hunting and most recently when I was in Mammoth to re-supply our place and took in a last-minute rental so I needed a reasonably-priced bed for myself for the night.

Hey, the vast majority of Mammoth lodging is not glitzy or even charming; too bad - that's just reality. So, Cinnamon Bear doesn't look like much from the outside but inside is definitely charming, clean and well-priced. And friendly! When I opened the door to check in, Pam, one of the managers, was chatting in the big open common "living-dining room" with a guest and both gave a cheery hello to me. That large room has a fireplace, flat-screen TV, free cheese/crackers, cookies and juice around happy hour and a full delicious hot breakfast cooked to order in the morning with strong coffee and fruit juices. Free wi-fi, hot jacuzzi. Jim and Pam, the managers, are helpful, kind, funny and hard-working. I don't know them other than my experiences staying at Cinnamon Bear so this isn't one of those phony reviews sent in by friends or relatives. I like Cinnamon Bear.

Room Tip: The rooms that open to the open space with pines at the back are great. I didn't see the bear o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here after a day in Yosemite...it's a quaint place in a good location. Right next to the woods...a bear was spotted during our stay and we heard him searching through the bins! Breakfast was good and plentiful and rooms are clean and comfy but the whole place is a little tired and needs some TLC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Johannesburg and London now
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed there for a night near the end of July as we were looking for a place near Yosemite. The location was good, it's not in the town centre but near enough. There's a great bakery around the corner and the town was a 2 min drive up the road. The location is right next to the woods and was quiet. We had a great view from our window into the woods. The service was helpful, giving us tips on where to go in the evening and sights to see.

There's a furnace in the corner with a small flame that radiates a little heat when its off. There's no air conditioning in the room, just a fan. Even with the windows open we found the room to be dry and warm. I had to open the black out curtains a little bit to let more air in which helped a little, it's not that the room was very hot though. The beds were comfortable.

We had a top corner room which was quiet, couldn't hear anyone else and the place was full. We were told we could only get wifi in the office area (locked up at 20:00) or just outside if we get a chair but we managed to get it in our room. It was a very slow connection no matter where you were (office area or room). On speedtest it was 0.22Mbps download and 0.02 upload. We needed wifi to book a hotel for the next night and we managed to do that so did the job.

The breakfast was nice (omelette, grits, toast, watermelon). They also had cereal, coffee and juice.

Room Tip: Top corner room had 2 queen beds and was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cinnamon Bear Inn? Share your experiences!