“A Great Little Independent Bookstore” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 4 Shopping in Mammoth Lakes
Los Angeles
16 attraction reviews
“A Great Little Independent Bookstore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I love Mammoth Lakes, but let's face it - there are few options for feeding your mind in the mountain resort. Thankfully, there is Booky Joint. A great little independent bookstore, Booky Joint carries a nice selection of bestsellers, classics, local guides, magazines, and kids' books and toys. I particularly appreciate the staff picks and the "If you liked..." designations, which pair a bestseller with lesser known titles that they feel you will like if you enjoyed the bestseller.

On my last visit, I found that the store had begun selling used books, which has me a bit concerned. For such a small bookstore, I would hate to see too much space given over to a random selection of used books - but I also realize that in these trying economic times it might be a necessary tactic to increase sales and I am supportive of anything that will help this little gem survive for many years to come!

Visited November 2011