“The best of the sierra” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Durango, Colorado
“The best of the sierra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We made the long drive from Durango Colorado and stumbled upon this jewel. Great locally roasted coffee, locally sourced food, and a real treat. We found the owner and staff to be accommodating, friendly, and knowledgable. The deck is warm and nice in the summer and the inside is comforting in the winter. Will we go to stellar brew every time we visit mammoth? You bet.

Visited December 2013

Saas-Fee, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Organic, Tasty Hippie Chow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is hands down the best hippie food in Mammoth. Have a yerba matte or a kombucha with your quinoa and eggs or a gluten free goodie. Very very good food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Menlo Park, California
“my go-to coffee shop in Mammoth Lakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've been coming here for several years, every morning that I'm in Mammoth Lakes for day hikes. They have excellent coffee, darker and more flavorful than Starbucks (which I go to in a pinch). They also have very tasty scones and muffins, baked on site. I've not yet tried their sandwiches and lunch fare but I'll keep coming back for coffee and baked goods.

They have good free wi-fi service.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunnyvale, California
“Fresh food and coffee well prepared”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We head here before going on a hike to grab a sandwich for the trail. Veggies are super fresh and some serious thought went into the design of each menu item. Even though I'm not a vegetarian, I always get the Alpen Bale wrap which is veggie and is loaded w/ tons of fresh produce, brown rice, and a nice sauce, and I'm completely satisfied after eating it. On occasion I get the baked goods which are just superb. If nothing else, grab a 50 cent chocolate chip cookie to go with your coffee.... worlds best cookie/coffee combo! Great gluten free options as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Gluten free welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We found this little cafe on Tripadvisor and wanted to try it due to the healthier options on their menu. Coming from Australia we are finding it hard to eat anything but burgers and Diner food so this Cafe was a delight. I had the Cabin style oatmeal and my partner had the Granola Both were so tasty and fresh. A nice change to the eggs and omelete's everywhere else. I have a Gluten intolerence and they had Gluten free bread which is a rarity in these parts. Loved the service and the atmosphere was welcoming as there were plenty of locals around. I also had a real English Breakfast leaf tea, which is also hard to find around. We will head back tomorrow to pick up some To Go sandwiches for a day trip to Yosemite.

• Visited August 2013