“Stayed here for 15 years” 5 of 5 stars

You added Courchevel Condominium to your Saves list
Courchevel Condominium
273 Rainbow Lane, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546   |
Buena Park, California
“Stayed here for 15 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

My Family and I have stayed at Courcheval for the last 15 years and we have tried other places but this is the best unless you like walking miles with your gear or driving and not finding parking yes there is a small water heater in each unit plan your showers better we come with young kids and its always been great best family time ever!!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Lake Tahoe, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

We just stayed 3 nights at the Courchevel Condos and it was terrible!!! We were in #1 from Feb.5th till the 8th and the snow plow started at 4:30am tll 1:30pm,all night, all day! We tried endlessly to ask why it was always in front of our Condo, but our rental agency would'nt help us. They always said" call the office" to which I replied, "We can't call the office per all your paperwork because you are the rental agency and they won't take our calls!" This went on for awhile, and I got nowhere! My advice, don't stay in #1 if you want any sleep and don't rent with mammothvacations.com. They are awful! We did have a problem with our truck because it didn't fit in the "2 car garage" that they promised, and they would NOT help us in any way about what to do with it! BEWARE!!

judy slone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

I have stayed at this condo over the past 10 years, usually for an annual ski trip we make to mammoth. We have stayed there with 8 people, and when we alternated taking quick showers, we ALL had hot water! I read the other review and figured they must have taken 1/2 hr shower? Not sure, but we had no problem with the hot water. It is a steep climb up to the condo, but is it worth the view you get from above. I won't stay anywhere else when I go to Mammoth!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

Stayed in unit 34 at the Courchevel Condo. Here are the cons and pros.

Pros: Spacious condo with two car parking garage. Well-equipped kitchen. Comfortable Beds.
Cons: Cold shower, uncomfortable sofa bed, kinda steep stairway to go up to the unit.

It turned out there is only certain amount of hot water available. 30 sec after I got in to the shower, the water became not cold, but ICY water.. i was freezing!! And the sofa bed that i had to sleep on was very uncomfortable cuz of the springs in the mattress. it feels like the springs were gonna break thru the mattress. I will say avoid all cost to sleep on the sofa bed. Also, i do find the stairways going up to the unit was a hassel. With all the luggages that we have, it feels like we're climbing. And after a day of heavy snow, on our way down the stairs, I feel like the stairs had became a slide.

However, I can deal with all the cons (u just need to get into the shower earlier to avoid the icy water). The condo will fit 6 ppl really comfortable. I would not recommend sleeping on the sofa bed or on the floor of the living room cuz even though the heater was on, it was still cold for some reason in the living room during night time. I could feel the cold air sipping thru the wall and window. Overall, with the price we paid ($672 for weekend which divided by 8 ppl), the spacious condo was enough for all of us. There is a TV/VHS in the king size bedroom, a stereo system/TV/DVD/VHS in the living room, and another TV on the 2nd floor. Fireplace and logs were right there for you. Hope the pictures will do the justice for the review. I will stay there again if we have a big group.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Courchevel Condominium? Share your experiences!