“Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
jillian646
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Several vegetarian options! We had a falafel pita and a spicy black bean pita which were both awesome! We heard they deliver.. which might be convenient if you're sore after a day of snowboarding.

Visited February 2012

Camarillo, California
“Good grub (even if it might be considered "healthy")!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My husband & I just wanted something simple for dinner, so as we walked around the Village, we decided to pop into the Pit since it seemed pretty popular the night before. I had the club & my husband had the caesar & both were delicious! It was a nice change of pace from the usual burgers, pizza & other "vacation" food.

The 2 guys working were really friendly & didn't appear to be annoyed that we were newbies to the place & had to "figure out" how it worked! One stuffed the pitas with whatever veggies you wanted while the other grilled the meats that were going inside. The visit was quick & efficient!

The price wasn't too bad for a resort town, it ran about the same as Jersey Mike's (the closest thing I could compare it to!), coming to less than $25 for 2 pitas, sodas, chips & of course the $3 we dropped into the tip jar for the guys that earned it by not being the usual run-of-the-mill jaded food service workers.

Next time in Mammoth, I'll definitely visit the Pita Pit again!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“What is a Pita Pit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Originally not certain what Pita Pit was serving, but my son wanted to the food. It turned out to be very good and a very good value. The chicken slolaki (spelling?) pita and the fresh vegs added to the taste. I was pleasantly surprised by the good taste, will certain eat there again.

Visited November 2011
Aguanga, California
“Best Lunch I've Had in Mammoth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I have never had much luck finding good food in Mammoth, so this place was a great find. There were always a lot of people eating here whenever I passed by, so I figured either the food was good or the owners had a lot of relatives. Turns out it was the former, lucky for me. Pretty much whatever you could imagine being stuck inside pita bread (white or wheat) is available. I had the BLT. It was prepared quickly and they stuffed it with whatever I wanted. The chipotle sauce was excellent, but they had a bunch of other dressings/sauces if that is not your thing. Super good, puts Submarinaway to shame. I'll be back here for sure next time I'm in Mammoth.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Good healthy food and quick too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

This place is great for lunch and dinner if you want something fast and healthy. Its located right on the street so its easy to find and its open late. There are so many varieties to choose from and they make great vegetarian options too.

• Visited July 2011