“Were we invisible?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 78 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: Californian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Mammoth Landmark since 1967, Rafters has been reborn as a world class restaurant under the ownership of James and Nancy Demetriades. Chef Brian Keipler presents New California cuisine complimented by one of Mammoth's most extensive wine lists and perfectly crafted cocktails. Now serving breakfast and dinner, and providing room service to Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa next door. Happy Hour 4pm-7pm and live music in the lounge every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
tokyo
“Were we invisible?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

while I generally have liked Rafters this last visit was poor. From the moment we walked on we were virtually ignored by the bartender working the happy hour shift.
..no pleasant greetings or congenial conversation to start off. She blasted thru the wines by the glass and just was not patient. The staff congregated amongst themselves and paid no attention to customers. Food wise I was very dissapointed in the sweet potato fries...they were about six inches long and as thick as planks....basically inedible.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

tokyo
“Happy Holidays too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Ate at Rafters for Thanksgiving while taking in some early season skiing. They had a sumptous and well thought out Turkey Day special for those of us away from home and still wanting to enjoy the holiday meal in a semi-traditional way. The turkey was moist and delicious, good potatoes and yams, good cranberry sauce also.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Everything was delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Burgers were big, juicy and delicious. Homemade chips were delicate and tasty. Breakfast was great! Anything on the menu will thrill your tastebuds! Enjoy it all.

Visited March 2013
Los Angeles
“Good but a little rough around the edges.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I called a few days in advance to make a reservation for my husband's birthday. I requested a booth for our party of five. When we arrived, no reservations but they could seat us. Not in a booth as 5 were too many. (Couldn't she tell us that when she failed to make our reservation?) Again, no problem. We sat down. The place was not very busy but yet the service was VERY slow. Don't get me wrong--the wait staff was very friendly and helpful--they just didn't seem to have it together. My husband's martini, for instance, sat on the bar for a good ten minutes before the waiter picked it up to deliver to us. It took quite awhile before anyone came to take our order as well. The food was hit and miss, too. My spinach gnocchi with grilled shrimp, roasted garlic, cherry tomatoes in a creamy basil pesto sauce was very good. My husband's baked penne and my son's baked shells were tasty but very dry. Would I go back? Probably for breakfast or lunch; doubt I'll do dinner again. Too much money for what we got.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Wine List & Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The wine list is amazing and we love the Oso Bucco, Soups, breakfasts, everything is fresh and delicious.

Visited March 2013