“Lacked Customer Service and Adequate Parking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Pines Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mammoth Lakes
Royal Pines Resort
You added Royal Pines Resort to your Saves list
View Point Road, overlooking Main Street, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546   |
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Pasadena, CA
“Lacked Customer Service and Adequate Parking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2007

My husband and I stayed a weekend here. Overall, I would rate this motel as average. The bed is comfortable and the location is pretty good. It is a 10 min. walk to the Gondola. Be careful on the steep long driveway. I almost fell. I booked the reservation myself and I had to call several times before a woman finally picked up the phone. During my stay, the front desk was not at all friendly or helpful. Parking can be a problem if you come back late at night.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lacked Customer Service
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Families
Solo
Business
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

We stayed at the Royal Pines the week after Christmas 2006. I booked this a little over a month ahead of time because it was one of the few places that wasn't already sold out for that week and didn't have a 5 night minimum. The room was large with a big bathroom as well. The room could use some updates, but was very clean and had a great heater. The location is fantastic, just a block from WC and the village. Although it isn't a Hilton (and who needs a Hilton anyway if you are only going to be using the room for a few hours of sleep each night??), it was a great place to stay and it will be one of the first places I call the next time we go boarding in Mammoth.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2005

I've stayed several years ago and again last October. Paid less than $70 per night for a kitchenette unit. The room was clean and the kitchenette was well stocked. The person at the counter I dealt with was very pleasant.

The only con about this place is that the walls are pretty thin so you can easily what is going on in the units next to you. Other than that, I have no complaints. If you have a AAA card, you'll get a discount.

• Stayed October 2004
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2005

When we arrived at the hotel I thought...oh no. the outside was a bit dated but the host was very nice and helpful. As for our room, with two adults and two kids. We had a kitchenette, 2 twin beds and a comfortable queen size bed. the kitchen was fully stocked with all the pots,pans, cup, glasses...etc that you would need to cook full meals.(as we did) the bathroom was nice because someone could be showering with the door closed and some one could use the sink and mirror or be dressing with the door closed off from the main room. TV had cable which was great for the kids. This was very close to the slopes...We had a great stay. Wish we had remembered to bring our bathingsuits.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2004

The rooms are clean, New beds, Very warm. Friendly staff, Great jaccuzzi. Ten minute walk to gondola. Definitly met all of my travel needs

Buffalo NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2004

Terrible terrible customer service. We made reservations here and after reading the reviews cancelled within 2 hours. The hotel "LOST" our cancellation. They were also "FULL" that night so they charged us for a stay not used. Other hotels in the area had Vacancy signs lit that night, I guess this hotel was lucky. I would not risk making reservations or giving a credit card to this hotel unless you are CERTAIN that you can get a written confirmation of any cancellation that is made.

The hotel claims it is under new ownership and all the problems previously described have been taken care of. If the new hotel spokesman is indicative of the new owners you can expect more of the same problems.

We had a wonderful stay at another hotel in the area, which I would definitely recommend.
This is the first hotel that I have ever run into that has "LOST" a cancellation.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2004

After our check in, we were told there was a mold problem. So, if you have allergies or are sensitive to mold, you should not book here. We would have loved to have been informed prior to making reservations.Additionally, if you place the Do Not Disturb sign on your door and wish for that to be honored instead of having the owner barge in unannounced, unlock all window and leave them wide open in the middle of winter ALL day long..then don't stay here.The owner seems to lack in communication skills. After courteously and calmly trying to question the owner about this invasion of privacy, she responded by hanging up on the customer mid sentence. If you value customer service, don't stay here. YOU WON'T GET IT.

Been to Royal Pines Resort? Share your experiences!