“Just the best place to stay for ski in and out!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay and Play
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Corona, California
“Just the best place to stay for ski in and out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is still the best place to stay for ski in and ski out. Went there twice in February (first weekend the snow was fabulous) and the second weekend it was great, but not as fresh powder like the first. Went in March, still the snow was good. But, the drought effects were showing. Last time in April and still the best place to ski, even if there were not fully covered in snow. It was nice, warm spring skiing. The MMI is a great place to stay. The service is always excellent. A big shout out to all of the staff who take care of us when we come, Luis, Darla (who will be missed due to her new job), Michael, Corey, Josh, Jason, Tyler, Danita, Harriet, Brian, Carlos, Alex, Jeff, and all of the others I missed. The only downside is the lack of decent restaurants within walking distance (but that is for another review). They have a bus that will take you to town, so you can do that or bring your own. They are working to upgrade it. The front entrance of the MMI is really improved, and looks very nice and cozy. Hope that they can keep up the upgrades and look forward to returning next winter for some hot apple cider in the main lobby.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main lodge on the south end with a balcony. If you have a big crowd, book one of...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had never been to Mammoth before and was told by a friend that I needed to go and see the resort. I stayed at Mammoth Mountain Inn for 5 days and was welcomed with a beautiful room, friendly staff and amazing scenery. My room had a loft and great windows facing the mountain and pine trees! I loved waking up and seeing the fresh snow almost daily on my porch. I was able to use the clean and updated hotel fitness center and found myself looking out the windows at the mountain and watching the snowcats going up and down during my workouts. I was greeted in the store for a quick breakfast sandwich and I got to explore the area daily and was surprised around every corner at the attention to detail of the hotel. Thank you again! I can't wait to come back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountain!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Puebla, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Mammoth Mountain Inn two weeks ago for three nights and we loved it. My advice is that you take advantage of this hotel and the wonderful services they offer. Yes the hotel is dated but you can’t beat the charm and the wonderful guests services the staff provides. The rates are fair considering the location. If the hotel would be brand new, the rates we are enjoying now would quadruple. They have a game room for the kids, fitness center, indoors and outdoors spas, shuttle services, incredible views and as I repeat unbeatable guest services.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Although I only spent one night in this hotel I have to say that it was a great decision. I stayed in the main building where the lobby has a warm mountain lodge feeling. Nicely designed just like the rooms. The scenery from every area of the hotel is superb. The staff friendly and professional. When checking rates around town these were the best. I know the winter rates will be higher but I will come back for sure!

• Stayed May 2014
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

although the hotel is a bit dated and could use a little bit of "love", it's still an overall, great experience. The staff was amazing, especially Michele Kubiac. I lost my $200 and expected never to see them again. She insisted to leave my contact info and she would probably find them. No more than an hour later, she calls! shades found! but it wasn't just Michele, it was the entire staff that was amazing and really made our family trip the best ever!!! if you're a parent with little ones, this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: stay in the main lodge if you can.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights... could not get an accommodation in Yosemite and so we have to take an accommodation in this place.... the hotel rooms were decent... but one thing which we did not like is that there was no latch/lock for the window.... since it was around a snowy mountain and no way any intruder can come, but its still not a safer room.. luckily nothing happened, but the hotel owners should consider having a lock for the windows.... ny one can easily get in ......we had reservation for 2 rooms and both rooms had the same so i guess all rooms do not have lock for the windows and easily some one can break in.... Overall its a good place but the cost is bit high and we see most of the hotels around that area is very costly!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had read other reviews so were not expecting much. First off, the lobby is very nicely done with the large gas fire always going with comfortable seating around it. We were greeted by friendly staff and given a room in the main building. Our room was very nicely detailed; fresh looking paint, and good looking carpet. The bed and linens were first rate. We found our TV was not working quite right so after sending maintenance to try a repair, which didn't work, they offered to move us next door to an upgraded room and then had staff help us move. All the staff were very responsive, polite, and amiable; in the bar, in the store, and all the support people in the lobby. Of course the location across from the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Main Lodge is very convenient.

Room Tip: Our room was in the main building so we can't say what the quality of the rooms are in the two a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Mammoth Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!