“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Southern California
16 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

While our sons were snowboarding, my husband and I decided to try snow shoeing. It was our guide's first time alone, but she did a decent job. Took us up to the top of a ridge with a gorgeous view. She could tell when we needed to stop and rest and gave us good information about the route we took. She also recommended a nice walk to Lake Mary which was fun. The snow shoeing was easy to learn and rentals weren't too expensive.

Visited January 2011

Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
“Full Moon Snowshoe Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

We were lucky enough to be in Mammoth in January during a full-moon, and reserved our spaces in the packed evening snowshoe tour. This was our first-time snowshoeing and the staff was really helpful and explained everything (they even helped me strap on my snowshoe!) I borrowed a pair of their snow boots and my feet were nice and warm the whole trip. Although there was a pretty large group, the tour guide was personable and interesting, and the group spread out while hiking so that you could still enjoy the peaceful night air. The views were absolutely breath-taking, with a sapphire sky full of stars, a bright full moon so close you wanted to touch it, snow covered mountains glowing silver in the moonlight, and vistas of the flickering city lights below. If you have a camera, bring it, along with a tripod. If you're not a pro, study up on how to take pictures in that lighting, mine didn't even come close to the real thing. :-( Afterwards we enjoyed our complimentary hot drinks at the Lodge near the fireplace. The hot apple cider, mulled wine, and Hot Buttered Rum were just storybook perfect and so cozy after being out in the cold. I definitely recommend this, it was worth every penny and is one of the most memorable hikes I have ever taken!