“The worst experience ever” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

You added BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Gateway Drive, (at Routes 22 & 512), Bethlehem, PA 18017-9076   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Simpson, Pennsylvania
“The worst experience ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I arrived at your location on Monday 4/30/2012 in the a after noon , the outside looked very well maintained .
I entered the Best Western Plus Lobby to check in, I noticed 4 maintenance personal staining the wood work through out the lobby area . I politely suggested some sort of ventilation so no one have to suffer from breathing the fume . I was told that the ladies at the front desk are cold and they would only get a little high . I think the management of this hotel need to be educated about protecting the guests as well as the employees by reading the label on the can so it can be properly used with out making me sick for my whole entire stay . I was very disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ESBusch, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences. As the new Managing Director of the property, feedback like your gives me some insight to guests experiences that I may never get the chance to hear. Please accept my apologizes for your experiences as my goal for my hotels is to exceeded all guests expectations and in your case we clearly failed to do that. Your feedback has been reviewed with the team so we can continue to improve and not let your experience happen again.

E Busch
Managing Director, Best Western PLUS Lehigh Valley Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
jefferson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went for a 4 day dog show and every request we made was honored from their helpful staff.
Altho the hotel is easy to find, being from out of state, every other place was not, so we were blessed with the friendly, helpful people. Great room with wonderful beds and awsome shower.

Room Tip: 2nd floor would be good if not a smoker
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ESBusch, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. As the Managing Director of the property, I was delighted to see your satisfaction with the property but most importantly the level of service provided to you. I know we all here at the property thoroughly enjoy having everyone with your event at our property and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

E Busch
Managing Director, Best Western Plus Lehigh Valley Hotel
Northumberland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We booked here for a last-minute one-night getaway for my husband's birthday. We didn't plan on this being the destination, but rather our base camp. I booked through Hotwire, and was a little concerned when I saw the reviews.

Yes, it's an older hotel. And it does have some outside entrances, but in all honestly, I didn't mind that. In fact, I found it very helpful in unloading the car. It's right off Route 22, is easy on/off, and is close enough to be seen from the road, but far enough back that the road noise isn't bad. Location is decent in that it's not too far from a lot of stuff.

There is a bar and a restaurant onsite but we didn't use either, as they were being used by private parties/wedding receptions/etc. They have a nice looking pool, but it's outdoor, and was closed because it's too early in the season. They advertise an indoor pool on their website, but as others have said, it's next door at the Hampton Inn. I've used arrangements like that in the past, but in this case it's not like the hotel is immediately next door. It's a bit of a walk, depending on where your room is. Most people seemed to be driving over, which could be an issue if you're wet.

We arrived at 2, which is early for check-in, but we were given our keys immediately, which was a pleasant surprise, and everyone at check-in was very friendly. We were on our way to somewhere, so we took the keys and left. When we returned around 5pm, we let ourselves into the room, only to find the bed unmade, towels on the floor, trash in the cans, the prior occupants keys on the stand, and sliverware in the sink. When we went to the front desk, we were told it was a sell-out the night before and housekeeping was behind. This surprised me, as we were given our keys at 2pm, so I assumed the room was done. I've never been given keys to an un-made room. They said they'd take care of it immediately, and we had to head back out for an emergency that came up. When we returned around 7:30, everything was nice and clean. The room had a regular tv with a wide variety of channels (no LodgeNet!) and we had no problems with Wi-Fi. The room also had a microwave and fridge which was very handy. One complaint we had was with all the parties/weddings going on, it did get noisy. There were slamming doors, and audible music in our room well past12:30. We were NOT directly next to or above the restaurant area - we were a good bit down the hall. I don't blame the hotel personally, but it was a bit annoying, and while I'm sure they don't want to quell the fun of those who paid for it, I'm not sure if something can be done for people who aren't part of the party.

We got free full breakfast in the morning (scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, pancakes, and a selection of cereals, breads, fruits, and juices) which was a bonus. The restaurant was crowded with several different sports teams, but the staff did well with keeping things filled.

I would stay here again, and I'd recommend it to people who aren't overly fussy, as the hotel has ongoing renovations, and I know some people freak if the TV isn't flat, or if one or two of the splines are broken out of an a/c unit. However: I feel the star rating on Hotwire of 3.5 stars was a bit high. In it's current state, I'd give it a solid 3. Also, their "regular" rate is more than I would be willing to pay. It appears their bread and butter is weddings, conventions, etc. But if you can get a good rate with Hotwire or Priceline, and the hotel itself isn't your destination, then go for it.

Room Tip: Most rooms on the first floor appear to have inside and outside entrances. We actually found this c...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ESBusch, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences about your visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is valued and used to better our guest's experiences in the future.

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

the room was nice. price was fair and great location by the interstate. easy to get to.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed here on our way to NY because it was raining and 2am. Our stay cost us $79 and a nice breakfast was included. The room was clean and comfortable. It is very out dated but for the price we paid we were happy. There is a club in the lobby with lots of people gathering outside. I had my 9 y old with me and I did not want her to walk to our room through the lobby. The only way to our room was from a door facing the parking lot which shows how out dated this property was.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Clifford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Looks like they are updating the hotel, but they still have a ways to go. Was told I had a no smoking room it had the logo on the door number but ash trays in the room. Smelled like it had been smoked in for years.

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We booked this room through priceline for our 25th anniversary. We were assured that there was an indoor pool. There is no indoor pool at this hotel, however you do have access to the pool at the Hampton Inn, which is located on the same property. ( its like saying its ok to use your neighbor's pool). We were really disappointed with this. We did use the pool once, and then had a chilly wet walk back our hotel room. Not an ideal situation and it really ruined the mood. Our hotel room was a King room, bedding was clean, room was clean, bathroom was clean. There was a bit of an odd smell but it went away. The Foundry restaurant located within the hotel offered an excellent menu and we enjoyed dinner there. The full breakfast that was offered was hot and filling and very good. The front desk was kind and helpful. Really the only downside was the pool issue.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the bar.

Management Team

Been to BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!