“Absolutely Wonderful!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

You added BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Gateway Drive, (at Routes 22 & 512), Bethlehem, PA 18017-9076   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Easton, Maryland
“Absolutely Wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I dont understand where all of these negative comments come from. I was unaware that because of booking with Hotwire I was not promised a non smoking room, but Evan and Liz at the front desk were able to do have housekeeping come and make sure it didnt smell like smoke. I went to the restaurant were carol and rosanne made sure i had everything that i needed, and martha was able to switch charges to another credit card for me when i checked out. If every hotel i stayed at accomodated me like this hotel did then I would be one happy camper.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Middletown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Booked via hotwire.com and selected a "3 star" hotel which normally places you at some of the mid level + chains. Found out it was a Best Western I was skeptical however the prior night stayed at Best Western Harrisburg and was very please at the cleanliness of the property. Arrived at Best Western Lehigh Valley and checked in to room to find ripped/torn curtains, blood stains on curtains and a dirty commode seat. Had to laugh it was so filthy. Called hotwire to advise of incorrect 3 star ranking based on cleanliness.
called front desk at 8:30pm to move but no answer after 4 tries.

• Stayed May 2011
JHolmwood, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations during this stay. I can assure you take what our guests are telling us very seriously and respond to concerns immediately. I would like the opportunity address your specific issue and try to make amends for your recent disappointment. Please feel free to contact me directly at pdinapoli@lehighvalleyhotel.com

Paul

Bethlehem, PA 18017
610-866-5800
Temple, Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Booked through Hotwire $69 including tax. The room was worth $69. I don't think it would be worth the regular rate of $109.

Since this was a smoking room (I was originally given a n/s king room but upon check in was told they no longer had that room available) the ceiling tiles were brownish in color. The room didn't smell of smoke, just had a musty type of smell. The over all room was clean (did notice some ripped up pieces of paper under the bed). The bathroom was clean. The water pressure in the shower was great! The bed was ok, not as comfortable as it looked.

They have a restaurant and bar but we didn't eat there. In the morning a complementary continental breakfast was included. They had oatmeal, french toast and a few other breakfast items-not bad for being included.

Overall I'd say it's ok to stay for a night if you just want a plain and simple room but book through Hotwire for a cheaper rate.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I, along with several friends & family connected to our friends who got married, stayed here for the night of our friends' wedding. The bride & groom had set it up for a special rate of $75/night and transportation to/from this hotel to the reception, so we couldn't turn it down! I wish we had. When I booked I realized that we would likely need to check-in before 3pm, so I asked if that was possible while I was on the phone and they said it would not be a problem.
We arrived at the hotel with about 1.5 hrs to the wedding, and all we need to do was change clothes and freshen up. We attempted to check in to our room, which was of course not ready. The person at the desk was very rude, as was the cleaning staff that she checked with to see about the room's status. She made absolutely no attempt to see if there was another room we could have, and made no apologies even when I explained we were there to attend a wedding (and had obviously booked as part of the wedding block of rooms). I know we were early, so I expected that we might have to wait briefly or have to find a different room, but the receptionist did NOTHING to help us until I begged for a room (aka not the non-smoking king that we had booked) and we finally got a 2-double bed room in a different part of the hotel from the wedding block.
I would say that it was a fluke for us, but guests who arrived AFTER the wedding (which was AFTER the 3pm check-in time) were not able to get their rooms either. I really don't understand why you would book wedding blocks and then not have them ready for the day of the wedding (again, after the 3pm check-in time). And obviously I would expect most people who show up after the check-in time to be a little disappointed if their room is not ready. The service was very poor and we were disappointed (but not totally surprised given the bad reviews of this Best western here on TA). I guess we were just hoping for a better experience.

The room itself was ok, it smelled quite musty and chemically-clean (which dissipated to just an unpleasant odor over a few hours). The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. On the plus there were 2 sinks, and the bathroom looks relatively clean.

I would not recommend this place, we experienced sub-par rooms and very bad service. I would have gladly paid a little more per night to have a better visit at another of the local hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Bayville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I read ALL these negatives reviews and wasn't sure what we were going to get!! We got a GREAT deal thru hotwire so I was scared.
BUT upon my arrival we were given a smoking room, because you don't have a choice when going thru hotwire. SOOO having small children i checked out the room AGAIN based on other reviews, AND you couldn't even TELL it was a smoking room!!! When I opened the door i was pleasantly surprised at how NICE this place was and better yet CLEAN!!!!,,There were two sinks. one on the inside and one on the outside, it was a spacious room!!! Whoever had a problem with this place has extreme expectactions of a hotel. Its a 3star hotel on hotwire and it should be a 3 star ! I have somewhat high expectations for a hotel as well. But mine were met when i found how clean the place was!!!

The foundry was a nice place we had dinner on sat and it was decent, the continental breakfast was AWESOME!! OMG! Not sure if its because we were there on the weekend or not, but they have bread, bagels, fresh fruit, cereal, juice, oatmeal and frenchtoast in the warmers!! I am not sure what the one reviewer expected of a continental breakfast but this one was BY FAR the best we ever had!!!
Yes it was a bit loud in the hallways at night! BUT we stayed on Fri and Sat and after all it IS A CONFERENCE CENTER!! Which btw, i hadn't a clue what that meant, but now I do!!! There is a nightclub in the hotel and it can get loud but it never kept me up!!!

My only complaint and its not even a big one is that i wish the girl at the counter had told me that my room had a door that lead to the parking area where we could park and unload the car,,lol,,THATS MY ONLY COMPLAIN!!!

I HIGHLY recommend this place!!! I am SOO glad we took the chance and stayed!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Stayed there Feb 2011. Old, kinda dingy and very Red Roof like. Booked on Hotwire as 3 star and it is really below a two star. Not terrible. Just not what they advertise themselves to be. This is a 40 year old two floor Motor Motel. Shouldn`t be a Plus. Best Western is kidding its customers if this is a plus level hotel. More like a Minus. Lobby nice but that was it.
On a positive the restaurant is absoolutely a gem. Fantastic meal.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Stayed one night and every staff member I met went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Rooms were large, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!