“Best Breakfast EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Orland Park, Illinois
“Best Breakfast EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Small restaurant and very crowded, but well worth it! It gives you a "hometown" feel with excellent food!

Visited May 2012

New Jersey
“Super fresh, local cafe, but not fast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Decided to eat here after a college tour at Lehigh, and my daughter did not want to eat on campus. The cafe was recommended by the Admissions office and right around the corner. Panini and salad that we got were very very tasty - super fresh ingredients, nicely seasoned, homemade salad dressing. Turkey on the panini was thick slice of freshly carved turkey breast.

Service: We got the next to last table available at 12:00, and it took just about an hour for two of us to have lunch. It appears that there is only 1 cook, 1 prep person, 1 bus boy and 2 servers. And one has to double-up to ring out customers. Good thing we were only traveling 20 mins down the highway to Lafayette College.

Nonetheless we enjoyed our lunch, and I would definitely go back and try breakfast next time I'm in Bethlehem. I think eggs would have been faster!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philly
“Great food if you have the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I've eaten here a few times this month and the breakfast is fantastic and inexpensive. Unfortunately the only negative I have is that the service slows significantly as soon as the place is more than half full. If you have the time it's a definite must!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Nice spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I love their breakfasts and lunch for girl time out. I've been here a number of times and only once was it 'off', but I guess that can happen anywhere, which is why I keep going back. overall it's a really wonderful spot with an artsy feel due to the staff and food having that sort of vibe.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethlehem, PA, USA
“The Best Breakfast Around!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have been to Blue Sky a few times now for breakfast and I cannot say enough about it. The menu is definitely a far stretch from the typical eggs and toast faire of non-breakfast focused establishments. The food they offer is unique and absolutely delicious! Apple Cobbler Pancakes, Sweet Potato Quesadilla, Raspberry Stuffed French Toast - just to name a few. I have yet to try something that I did not like. All of the omelets they offer can be made with egg whites only at no extra cost which is a plus to those eating healthy. The breakfast potatoes are very good and I don't even like breakfast potatoes. The staff has always been super friendly and helpful. The only downside - and reason I did not give 5 stars - is the size of the place. It's very small, cramped, and almost always filled. I have yet to come by when there wasn't some kind of wait to get a seat. I have also heard of numerous people who have come to eat and left because the wait was too long. So make sure you plan ahead and try to beat the crowds. But then again, if a place is crowded you know they are doing something right, and Blue Sky definitely is!

• Visited February 2012