“A Let Down” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“A Let Down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have reviewed Cactus Blue before, claiming it the best Mexican in the area. Well, I went back here on Saturday night and was very disappointed. The service (which I always overlooked because I enjoyed the food) yet again left something to be desired. I think our waitress said all of a handful of words to us, none of which was how are you, or how was your meal. Our tortilla chips were cold and hard, usually they are warmed up and crispy. At least the salsa was still good. I ordered the Enchiladas de Mole with a side of gauc. My meal had obviously sat under the heat lamp for way too long- when the plate arrived, the mole sauce (the little it had) was all dried up. When I cut into my enchilada it was hard and the chicken was very dry.They side of gauc, of which I paid $1 for, was a spoonful (literally) in a ketchup ramakin. My boyfriend got the chimi with a side of mole- he said his was pretty good. Now I can't say its not the best mexican in town, because the only other place I know of is On The Border.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

if you like real mexican food less chain restaurant style this is for you! They have great food and its a quaint space. Service is always fast and friendly. The fried ice cream is a big hit with my friends and I. We highly recommend!

Visited August 2012
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Mexican Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I love this place! We are so sick of the chain Mexican restaurants. Everything at Cactus Blue is made from scratch. The guacomole & Chicken Enchiladas (Green Sauce) are fabulous.

Visited July 2012
bethlehem
“Best Authentic Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hands down, this is the best authentic Mexican Food in the Valley..They have the best Lunch deals...that include an drink and their portions are pretty big. It is very casual, fun, and well decorated atmosphere..I love Mexican food and have tried numerous spots in the Lehigh Valley area...But this is the place I return to the most...It is busy during Lunch and weekends..but the service is fast and good for the most part...It is also BYOB..Give this place a try....It is worth it...
Great Rice and Beans....Love their Enchiladas and tostones...

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I randomly passed this little gem and decided to give it a try on a whim. Though there are a number of Mexican restaurants in the area, this is absolutely the best! Great, fresh food and quick service. Loved it!

Visited March 2012