“Works for me” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Bethlehem
“Works for me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This holiday inn is located just off of I-78 at the Hellertown exit. It is close to where I needed to be and is fairly new. Rooms were clean, front desk was friendly and the lady working breakfast was even friendlier. I was worried about construction noise outside but there was none. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
kimberlyjones, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! It's always nice to hear compliments about our hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I selected this property to anchor a 2-day family mini-vacation in the area based on some good reviews on this site and some good recent experiences with Holiday Inns. The hotel itself looked almost new, with a nice clean lobby. The room was spotless, bathroom was clean (with adequate towels for three) & the pool and hot tub were a hit with the kids. My 15-year-old gave the fitness room a thumbs-up. The person at the front desk was quite helpful & offered some suggestions on where to dine in the area. Breakfast was good - seating was at a premium, however - fortunately a free table opened up and we were able to sit down to enjoy our food. Overall, we all enjoyed our stay & would have no qualms about staying here again.

Room Tip: South side of the hotel was quiet - no highway noise..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kimberlyjones, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your very nice comments about the hotel and staff. We pride ourselves on each family having a positive experience while here. It's great to hear that you and your family did. Thank you again. :)
Monroe, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed for 4 days and 3 nights, just got home and I don't have one bad thing to say. Wonderful, friendly hotel staff all around. The front desk was so sweet and helpful, they gave great directions and ideas about what to do. The pool and Jacuzzi were very clean and well maintained. We were able to check in early on our arrival and that allowed more time for us to visit places. Would stay there again !! Really nice housekeeping staff, and helpful.

Room Tip: Did not hear much traffic and we were facing the road with construction.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
kimberlyjones, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for your very nice comments about our hotel and staff. It's always nice to hear the compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed their stay here. Thank you again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I travel to Bethlehem PA on business and my wife accompanies me. She stays at the hotel while I attend meetings. I have stayed at this HI since it opened. Checkout time has always been 12:00 noon for priority club members and I have never had a problem checking out at 12:00 noon. On this last trip, at 11:30 the housekeeping supervisor was extremely rude to my wife and told her in no uncertain terms that she should have checked out at 11:00. My wife called me in tears! Upon my arrival at the hotel I informed the manager that I would not tolerate anyone talking to my wife that way and unless the person that was rude to my wife apologized to her by the time I loaded our luggage into my vehicle I would never stay at another Holiday Inn. The apology never happened...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
kimberlyjones, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for writing such a candid review on our staff. I am very sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate your late check out request as our check out time is 11:00am and that the housekeeping supervisor was not as professional as you would have liked. We try to accommodate as many late check outs as possible but unfortunately we do need to get the rooms ready for our incoming guests. Again, I am very sorry for any inconvenience this did cause you and I hope that you will give us and our brand another try.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Travel to Bethlehem at least once or twice a year on business. Fourth time staying at this hotel and the level of service has always been terrific and this visit was no exception. The staff is always friendly, efficient, and helpful. They make you feel that they really appreciate your business. The entire hotel is very clean and well maintained. Fast check-in and express check-out. Have used the free shuttle service in the past to avoid traffic and parking issues downtown. It's a great perk. My room was spotless and got a great internet connection.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
kimberlyjones, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words about our entire hotel and staff. It's a pleasure to hear such positive feedback. We look forward to your return visit.
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

They allow us to check -in early (noon), this was nice. They said it was because they did have clean rooms available
The rooms were clean
breakfast was good, with plenty of coffee. Pancake machine was different, but not great pancakes

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
kimberlyjones, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm glad we were able to meet your early check-in request. We hope to see you again!
Brea, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This chain is not always known for much more than reasonable prices, but this one was a winner from the main desk to the great rooms and wonderful breakfast. They couldn't have been more concerned about our comfort right down to brewing a pot of fresh coffee for us late in the evening when we arrived. I wish all of these Express properties were as good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
kimberlyjones, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so writing such a positive review on our hotel. Our staff strives to make every guest experience a great one and it sounds like they have achieved this! We look forward to seeing you again if you are in Bethlehem! :)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem? Share your experiences!