I stayed at the Homewood Suites for 5 days and had the worst experience ever at a Hilton chain. The first night I was unable to sleep because of the drive thru window on the other side of the alley outside my room. This particular room was a handicap-accessible one, and I have to say it was not very clean. I switched rooms the next evening upon return form the office, and when I moved to the new room, all of the drawers for the cabinets and nightstands, etc were open. I have stayed at Homewood Suites before, across the country and never had this when I checked in to a room. I called the front desk to question this, thinking it was just fumigated and maybe not quite ready for occupancy, but they said "oh, we always do that". I said really? But I let it go cause I really didn't feel like switching again. So, I kept this room - there really wasn't anything wrong with it otherwise and it was cleaner than the other one. I went to the office the next day, and when I returned, no housekeeping services had been done. I called the front desk to and said that no one came by to tidy up. The front desk clerk just said "oh". Nothing like "I'm sorry" or "do you need any clean towels" or anything even close to that kind of response. I then said that I would like to get on the radar for them to clean my room tomorrow, to which she replied "ok". That was it - no apologies, nothing.
Aside from the above, the hallway carpets were filthy for the entire Monday through Friday stay. They were never vacuumed the whole time I was there - 2nd floor. I saw the same mess all week. Filthy place and horrible customer service. I stayed at the HGI the next time I went in March.
I hope you have a better experience than I did, but please heed this warning if you stay here.
On a positive note, the evening meal was really good - I had salad and a fish fillet with a glass of white wine - much better than I had anticipated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This upscale all-suite hotel is the top choice for all types of travel. Our attention to guest service, spacious suites, meeting room accommodations, and central location will enhance your travels and help you make yourself at home while in Bethlehem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Bethlehem Airport Hotel Bethlehem
- Hilton Bethlehem
- Homewood Bethlehem
- Homewood Suites Bethlehem Airport
- Bethlehem Homewood Suites
- Bethlehem Hilton