“Neat Place” 4 of 5 stars

Corked Wine Bar
515 Main Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Corked Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 316 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
“Neat Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The ambiance of the place was very metropolitan....It reminded me of a vibrant wine bar in Miami on the beach. The bar was HUGE, and their wine selection was delightfully selective but not overly large. What I liked most about this place was that you could get a 1oz taste of wine (generally for $2), a 2oz glass (mostly around $5), and then a 5oz, and of course a bottle. This allowed us to try a good number of wines without having to throw down the whole glass. We thought this was a cool little model and wished more places would adapt. The food was pretty good, but didn't floor you with flavor. I had the short ribs which were particularly good, but the chicken was under-seasoned, and the apps were not really all that large. All in all, I liked this place and plan to go back again.....at the very least to try more wine!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“A Wonderful Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I wanted to go to brunch for a change and Corked as a great choice. We had the spicy chicken pops (do not leave there without having them) and we had the Kobe' beef sliders but we had it with a little piece of their short ribs on them. WOW! Then I had the brioche French toast. I usually don't eat that much but I ate everything. Was even tempted to take home a pork sandwich that someone else had but I didn't want to come off like a pig. The service as always is incredible. They are always so polite and pleasant. The management even came over to say hello and to check on us. Family is coming up this weekend. Darn guess I have to take them to Corked. Yipee! Go and have a wonderful food experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Newest craze but will it remain?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Susan Dauenhauer Bezas Here's my long review- Beautiful modern metropolitan atmosphere. The hostesses and hosts greated us as if the restaurant had been here for 20 years. If I managed this place I would make sure the first person my guests saw welcomed them like they were important/special/first timers to the establishment. This is what brings customers back, that feeling of importance. Anyway... We didn't have to wait for our seats at all, surprising since it was 7:30 on a Friday night. It was filled with an even mix of girl's night out crowd and middle aged groups of friends (like double dates). We sat at a pub table in the bar area and ordered 3 appetizers to share as our meal- Shrimp Limoncello (shrimp stuffed w/fresh crab meat), Smoked Gouda Lobster Mac (lobster meat, Gouda, Fontina), and a pulled short rib and scallion Pizzetta with a bourbon glaze. The Pizzetta was by far my favorite. The other two dishes didn't seem to Wow! me, or be as unique tasting as I was hoping for, but definitely good. The pizzetta was wonderful...sweet glaze complimented the savory scallions and flavorful short ribs perfectly. The dough was the perfect balance of light and crispy while still having a bite and not just a crunch. Almost pastry like. Our server...nothing special, not informative, or friendly. She seemed impatient and just business like. A just "get 'er done" type. When I asked what she recommended for a wine pairing (after all it's called corked) she just said just go with a reisling or pinot noir since they go with everything on the menu. Really??! The servers should definitely be more knowledgeable of wine and wine pairing at a wine bar restaurant. I'm glad we went and I'd go back again but I think there are other restaurants in the valley that are as good and better just less metro looking. Will be interesting to see if this place has the staying power of lets say Apollo or if it just the newest craze in the LV restaurant scene.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Bangor, Pennsylvania, United States
“A Must Try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I dined and drank at Corked last night for the first time. I have to say, I was a little hesitant after reading some of the reviews. Also, I found it somewhat pretentious that there was valet parking attendants outside the restaurant for $7 when there is ample parking in the area. I was concerned I was under dressed because both my husband and I were wearing jeans, but nice tops. However, I didn't remember reading anything about a dress code on their site, so I knew we were fine.
The inside of the restaurant reminded me of a NYC bar. It had a great ambiance. There was a mix of people dressed up and down, but I would definitely recommend no jeans.
My husband and I ordered a wine flight of dry reds. He asked our server to select three California Merlots and I selected my own. All were outstanding. The server was a wine expert. She made great recommendations and could answer all of our questions quickly.
We ordered Duck Confit Spring rolls and Shrimp Lemoncello, both were amazing. Again, I was hesitant because others on here ranked the food somewhat poor for the cost. I couldn't disagree more. Because many said that the meat was not up to par, we stayed clear of the $30-$40 entrees and had more of a relaxed evening, ordering two different pizzas to share. Both were excellent. Better than any we've had before, including the ones we've had in NYC restaurants.
Dessert was not my favorite. I ordered the upside down cheese cake and it simply was too sweet and was basically a pudding, which was not explained to me prior to the purchase.

Overall, we would definitely go back and try an entree. I was surprised that Corked got such mixed reviews because we had exceptional food and exceptional service. I highly recommend giving it a try if you love wine and trying new and different kinds of appetizers and entrees.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Great atmosphere, but the food was below par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Went to dinner with friends, had appetizers, drinks main course and dessert. Everything was ok, but nothing was exceptional. We all agreed. If the food is your priority, there are better choices in Bethlehem and nearby. The place itself was very nice.

Visited November 2013