“Best Restaurant in the Lehigh Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 316 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Naples, Florida
“Best Restaurant in the Lehigh Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I've been a local for over 60 years and have dined at the Apollo over 40 times. I can say that in my opinion, the Apollo is the best restaurant in the Lehigh Valley. It's my "go-to" restaurant for special occasions or when I MUST have a great meal. Reservations are a must, especially on weekends or on the many "special" events. Often the bar is noisy and because it is located right in the middle of the restaurant, I always ask for a quiet table off to the side. Service is always pleasant and professional. I recommend the crab and corn chowder and the half Caesar salad but all the soups and salads are large and excellent. Appetizers are where this restaurant shines - there is a whole page of them (Over 30 in all). I have eaten virtually every appetizer over the years and can say they are all good. I specifically like the clams casino, lobster ravioli, gorgonzola cheese bread, calamari, scallops, and black and blue steak. When I go for dinner, I usually get a sandwich (like the prime rib, pulled pork, brisket or crab cake) because I like and order the appetizers so much but you can also order a half order on many entrees. I like the stuffed shrimp, steak, ahi, and their creative seafood specials. I really like the butter and sage ravioli which accompanies the chicken dishes. And do not forget dessert if you have room. Gelato, tartufo, cheesecake, tiramisu and fresh fruit is always on the menu. Overall, an amazing dining experience. Thank you Diane and Rod for sharing your skills with the rest of us in the Lehigh Valley.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
“Consistently Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have had two dinners and lunch at the Apollo and were wowed by them all. Great food, great service and a very cozy atmosphere. My wife loved her specialty drinks and we both love the food. It's creative without being pretentious. The prices are reasonable for the portions and the quality.The Apollo lives up to it's great reviews. Make reservations well in advance.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ringwood
“Apollo's Spanish Touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

There are so many wonderful appetizers we decided to eat tapas style. The wait staff was only to pleased to accommodate us.They brought the dishes out in waves. It was really a wonderful dinning experience.

Visited June 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is great, the atmosphere is wonderful and the staff is friendly and attentive. Always go there when in Bethlehem.

Visited June 2014
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Consistently wonderful food and service, but cramped and noisy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I wouldn't normally go to Apollo on a Friday night, but the restaurant we had reservations for, had a power outage and we were left without many options. Actually, I didn't think Apollo would be able to seat us, but surprisingly, they led us right to a table. For that alone, they get 5 stars. The atmosphere was, as expected, cramped and noisy, but the food and the service was superb. I had the sea bass, and my date had the salmon. Both were terrific! The drinks were also perfect.

If you're going to go to Apollo, I recommend making reservations far in advance and requesting one of the booths on the far side of the bar, closer to the kitchen. At least there, you can feel a little secluded from the otherwise cattle trough feel of the place.

• Visited June 2014