“Awesome again” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Awesome again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

5 stars again Apollo! My husband & I brought his clients in there last week (their 1st time there, only our 2nd time) & everything was fantastic! We were excited to show them our new favorite restaurant & they loved it as much as we did! Spreading the word Apollo - top notch. P.S. Get the Osso buco - so yummy!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Consistently good drinks, good food, good atmosphere and excellent customer service. Menu offers a great deal of variety, especially in terms of appetizers. The crab cocktail is my favorite and always delicious. Martinis are also excellent. Gorgeous flowers help help set the atmosphere as well as artwork that is always on display and changes on a regular basis. All this combined with the great downtown Bethlehem location makes Apollo our 1st choice for a night out.

Visited October 2013
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had the most delicious pizza here when my husband and I stopped in for lunch. It was the lunch special - personal pizza with pancetta, butternut squash and ricotta. I'm not really an adventurous eater, but the waitress convinced me to try it.
The pizza was amazing - crispy pancetta, a drizzle of some kind of herbed olive oil/balsamic concoction, and melted cheese. I ate more than I should have.
When I come back to Bethlehem, this will definitely be my first stop.

Visited October 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Service a little scattered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was invited here for a large (10) lunch party. Most of the party ordered apps but I ordered a crab patty sandwich because I had to return to work. The person next to me ordered soup only and it came out first. She felt awkward sitting there and eating it before anyone else got their food. Next, one of the apps came out. Then my sandwich came out which was good but not outstanding for the price. I asked for fries but the waitperson didn't hear me and I didn't have time to correct the order. He also wanted to take my plate before I finished my chips. What the heck?? Then the rest of the apps came dribbling out one by one and of course, one of the last things was what one person was waiting for. Needless to say, I was not impressed with the service.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Underwhelming...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

A little disappointed with our trip to the Apollo Grill. We sat at the bar and it wasn't too busy, but it took about 5 minutes for one of the bartenders to greet us. My crab cakes were a bit on the dry side, but my husband seemed to enjoy his veal. I was a little put off by the fact that the bartenders were loudly talking about their drink plans for later that evening with no regard to the customers overhearing. It just didn't seem like "the best restaurant in the Lehigh Valley".

I will say that the hostess/manager out front was very pleasant and attentive to us and the people surrounding us as far as we could see

• Visited September 2013