“It was good” 4 of 5 stars

+1 877-726-3777
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 316 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Third Street
Description: Tempt your palate with distinctive culinary creations at Emeril's premier restaurant on the East Coast.
“It was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Went for a late dinner. Got there around 9:45 pm and the place was not very busy. We were sat right away and the staff was great. We started with a risotto that was very good and the corn chowder soup which was great. My wife had filet which was tender as a filet should be and I had a veal chop which was perfect. The disappointment of the meal was the sides. We had the smothered green beans and the mashed potatoes. They were just ok. We did not order desert... Just wine! I would come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Eh, average at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Went the evening of 12/22/13. Went to the bar for cocktails . No one took our order in the bar area. We had to walk to the bar to order. The bartender was far from kind. Not a good bartender either (perhaps she didn't get any tips and THAT is why she had an attitude?) Ordered a mango drink. It tasted like grapefruit. When I asked about it, instead of saying she would fix it, or offer another srink, she said "thee IS NO grapefruit in it" and walked away. My friend's drink was that way too (the bartender didn't care about either of the bad drinks/both were reported to her!)....AWFUL. My other friend was brought a hot coffee drink. She thought it would be chilled since it was listed on the cold cocktail area of the drink menu. Unfortunately, the bartender had to be bothered again (yes, "smiley" always seemed like people were "bothering" her). Yes, my friend had to walk it to the bar. I wondered what it tasted like, so I grabbed it from the bar and took a sip back at our table. Smiley, the bartender, immediately came over and removed the drink. That is the fastest I saw her move and the first time she actually came to our bar area table. She was afraid that we would drink the hot drink that my friend returned to the bar. Don't worry honey, your drinks were ALL awful. We weren't going to drink it, trust me! Next the meal. I had the risotto and scallops. Rather greasy compared to a previous time, but eh, ok. I have to say, the bar experience with that terrible, rude bartender set the tone for the rest of the evening. I wanted to tell the manager, Kristen (?) but I didn't. As I write this I am sorry I did not. Kristen, if you see this, we were there Sun 12/22 aprox 7:30. The bartender does not belong at your establishment. Get someone who knows what they are doing and who is personable to patrons.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Good restaurant....hit or miss service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was our third time in the last 6 months at the ChopHouse. The steaks are always good. The service is hit or miss. The back up service staff is fantastic and some of them should switch places with the main servers. Out table was thrown together in the middle of an aisle because they had a large private party. We were bumped into all night after asking for a quiet table out of traffic.
The lobster bisque was awful...they used curry and some wierd spices along with a tomato relish. The biggest problem was that it did not have a hint of lobster taste. The wedge salad was good.
The New York strip and filet were cooked perfectly and were fantastic. The whipped potatoes were stiff and had been sitting around for a while. They tasted and appeared to have been reheated with some milk thrown in to loosen them up.
We will go back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Sorry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Wonderful night getting together with friends was ruined by a very bad meal. First of all, I was told there was nothing for vegetarians but side dishes. There was an extremely long time between salads and entrees. No reason for this as ALL the steaks were FAR more rare than had been ordered. One of the steaks was actually forgotten and so one of our party had to eat her steak after we were done. Unforgivable. Anyway, the gentleman server was quite solicitous as was the manager. But dinner was not close to acceptable. Shame on you.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
North Creek, New York
“Bam! What a Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We recently visited the Sand's Casino in Bethlehem, PA. One of the highlights of our stay was dinner at Emeril's Chophouse. Yes, it was pricey, but it was well worth the price. Our salads--roasted beet and goat cheese for me, blue cheese and bacon wedge for him--started the meal off well. My filet mignon with mashed potatoes and asparagus was cooked perfectly and accompanied by a wonderful bearnaise and horseradish sauce. His pasta with shrimp, crab, and lobster was perfectly seasoned and sauce. Dessert was well worth the calories as well. The one negative was the service. Our waitress never bothered checking back with us about how our meal was; the busboy removed my plate while my companion was still eating; and the meal wasn't as leisurely as I'd have liked. The food, however, was incomprable.

• 5 of 5 stars Food