“Excellent good, reasonable price, hip vibe” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
TheMINT Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 316 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th Avenue & West Broad St.
Transit: Directly infront of the restaurant
Description: About: theMINT: envisioned in the past, resurrected by opportunity, executed by experience, enriched by community, growing through innovation What We Do: Gastropub refers to a bar and restaurant that serves high-end beer and food.[1] The term gastropub, a portmanteau of gastronomy and pub, originated in England in the late 20th century. English pubs were drinking establishments and had little emphasis placed on the serving of food. Then that all changed. theMINT is an AMERICAN Gastropub that focuses on premium food and beer as well as premium spirits, cocktails, and martinis.
Bethlehem, PA
“Excellent good, reasonable price, hip vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I feel that the title says it all. I took my wife here for her birthday and she and I couldn't have been happier with the choice. The beer menu is extensive and has great options on it. Good old fashioned mixed drinks. The food has something to please everyone; from foie gras and bone marrow to a burger and steak. Everything was cooked perfectly and at a fairly reasonable price. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Great food, loud atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife had been to The Mint Gastropob with a friend previously and raved about the lobster mac and cheese and the dessert cookie plate. This was my first visit to the restaurant, and we were accompanied by my parents, who also enjoy a good meal.

We opted to sit outside since it was a very pleasant evening. This was fortuitous since conversation would have been difficult inside due to acoustics -- don't expect to have meaningful conversation in this restaurant on a Friday night. Sitting outside has its own caveats, as cars going down Broad Street in Bethlehem (especially those visiting the beer distributor next door) seem to have loud exhaust systems.

We ordered the lobster mac and cheese as an appetizer to share for the table: fantastic. For the main course we ordered three entrees (pork chop 'n' apple sauce, hodge podge, and duck breast) and a salad (lobster nicois) that we shared family style. It was all delicious. We especially enjoyed the treatment of the Brussels sprouts and potatoes accompanying the dishes.

Dessert was a disappointment. We ordered two cookie plates, which are baked to order. Each plate has four cookies and the cookie flavors are seasonal. Being allergic to chocolate, my father was thrilled there weren't any on the plate he couldn't eat. Unfortunately, the cookies were under-cooked. We're not just talking gooey -- we're talking raw insides. "The chef likes to keep them on the under-done side," commented our waiter. There is a difference between under-done (chewy and gooey) and raw. Fearing salmonella, we sent them back for a few more minutes in the oven, which firmed them up a bit. They were still just "OK." None of us were raving over any of the flavors. For $7 per plate (about $2 per cookie), I would have expected some exceptional cookies done to perfection. Based on my wife's previous experience with these cookies, it may have just been an off night.

Overall, we were satisfied. Yes, we would go back since the main meal was very tasty and enjoyable.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pennsylvania
“Fun night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The Mint is a happening place in Bethlehem! We were there Friday night. We sat at the bar, and the place was jumping! My husband enjoyed looking at the beer menu, and I enjoyed a well-made Cosmo! We had the cheese straws with peper jelly as an app...nothing like what we were expecting but very deleicious! We split the crab cake plaltter ( I kept smelling them as they went by and I had to have them...good choice!) and ordered frites..all very, very good!!! A nice portion, too!
Servers were very friendly, bartenters fun to watch.
We will certainly go back again!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
T TOWN, PA
“Good food! In a unique atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

I've been to The Mint twice and have enjoyed it both times! The atomosphere is fun and unique. The owner did a great job using the features of the bank to their best advantage. The food is comfort food with a twist. We started with the cheese sticks with pepper jelly. They were great and didn't last five miniutes on the table. This time we decided to go the sandwich route. Two friends at my table chose the French dip after they saw it being served at another table. It looked delicious and my friends said it tasted even better. I chose the Mint Burger and so glad I did! It was the best burger I ever had! The two beef patties were juicey and tender and served on a toasted over sized roll with lettuce and tomato. Sounds simple I know but it was awesome! We enjoyed the great selection of tap beers and look forward to checking out the back patio for a couple of drinks the next time we go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Jazz night at the Mint rocked my socks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Great date night with the love of my life at this unique restaurant. Drink menu was extensive and very tasty. Service was fabulous, his recommendations were spot on and the combination with the jazz blowing from the corner of the open room made for a great night.

Menu is innovative, interesting. I look forward to going back. One note... it is definitely not a cheap night out. Bring extra $$.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere