“friendly service and great food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #157 of 316 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Chinese
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“friendly service and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stopped here for dinner after returning from a day trip since it was the closest chinese place to us. it turned out to be a very great place to sit in and eat dinner. the waiter was very friendly and helpful. interior decor is of typical outdated colors as is chinese restaurant fashion, but it only added to our experience. the food was prepared quickly and was very good. Ended up taking it home with us only to enjoy it later. Its a bit quiet so it seems tough to have a decent dinner conversation, but otherwise a good experience.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jim Thorpe, PA
“Fresh and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Enjoyed takeout from Eastern Palace Chinese Restaurant based on the recommendation of a friend who lives near by. She told me it is a local favorite. It has now become my favorite also! Steamed Chinese Vegetables were very crisp and tasty. The Sweet and Sour Shrimp were huge and prepared differently than I have had them from other restaurants. They were battered (similar to a tempura batter) with the sweet and sour sauce served separately. Very good! Egg Rolls were delicious. The restaurant appeared clean and was much better than earlier reviews make it sound. I will definitely return and recommend to friends.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food is Fair; Service is not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have gone to this restaurant several times, and while the food is okay, the service seems to be getting worse. The last time we were there, the waiter didn't even ask what we would like to drink, took our orders, disappeared until he brought the food, and never stopped back to ask if we needed anything else.

Food was fair; egg rolls exceptionally greasy though. This will be our last visit. There are so many better Asian restaurants in the area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Cockroach in my dumpling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife ordered food and brought it home. When my son opened his dumplings, there was a cockroach on top. Took it back for a full refund. Will never eat there again. Enough said.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Haven't been to this restaurant in a number of years. Decided to try the garlic chicken combination plate. I was surprised to see the chicken was shredded and not cut into bigger pieces. It was ok; just enough spice for me. Another person at the table had the pepper steak. They also said it was just ok; could have used more flavor. The one thing I noticed was that both the fried noodles and the egg rolls were way too dark in color which meant they were on the burnt side or the oil may have been a little too old. I may stop by again if I am in the area.

• Visited June 2012