“Cockroach in my dumpling” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #157 of 316 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Chinese
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Cockroach in my dumpling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife ordered food and brought it home. When my son opened his dumplings, there was a cockroach on top. Took it back for a full refund. Will never eat there again. Enough said.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Haven't been to this restaurant in a number of years. Decided to try the garlic chicken combination plate. I was surprised to see the chicken was shredded and not cut into bigger pieces. It was ok; just enough spice for me. Another person at the table had the pepper steak. They also said it was just ok; could have used more flavor. The one thing I noticed was that both the fried noodles and the egg rolls were way too dark in color which meant they were on the burnt side or the oil may have been a little too old. I may stop by again if I am in the area.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Food OK, but not like it used to be.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We have been going to this restaurant off and on since it opened. I can tell you that it's not the same as it was when the first owner had it. I don't know if we went on an off night orr not but it wasn't one of our better experiences there. The service was absolutely horrible. We had to wait a long time until our order was taken--the waiter seemed to disappear frequently. He took three tables orders at the same time and then brought out a cart each time with the food for all three tables at the same time. Not very individualized, for sure. We had to ask for more noodles and tea, no anticipation from the waiter. The food was OK, again not as it used to be years ago. IT will be a while until we go here again. If you want good food and good service, try Imperial on Wm Penn Hgw.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Freeport, Pennsylvania
“Homey, comfortable, affordable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is a clean, comfortable diner type restaurant. The food is good and staff friendly, plus the owner is also present and willing to solve any problem or just to say hello.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Best Chinese in the Lehigh Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Hands down the best Chinese in the lehigh valley. Been going here for years.
Very consistent across the years.
I've been to major cities here and in Asia and this place does a good job.
Hong-Kong style traditional dishes, seasonal stuff (pea pod greens), dim sum service on the weekends. Priced reasonably. Very friendly staff. Food is fresh, has the "fire of the wok" taste you only get in Chinatown. Not a high-brow place, on Sundays, the place is filled with Asian Families having their weekend meal (on their own menu, wish I could read it)... that's usually a very good sign. Recommend the soups, seafood, mu-shu, ....the Peking duck is "pre-fab" but the owner warns you...not as good as all the other stuff.

• Visited June 2011