“bus people” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“bus people”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I am done with the sands. The bus people are rude,dirt and there is ten other words i could use for them. They sit at the food court tables and eat there own food that they brought with them. You sit down at a slot machine and they sit right next to you and say all kinds of things. It is a littler frightening. The sands will not do anything about it because they spend money. They are not at other casinos in Pa. Well this gabler is done with you.

pam

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your visit to Sands Bethlehem. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your time here.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, we invite you to contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I just love the sands. The hotel is always clean and beds are super comfy. As a heavy gambler I like the sands the best.. the have the best comps free play of any casino I go to. Got free dinner at the chop house last night and it was superb :) got invited to a free super bowl party with free open bar and buffet this sunday too. They definitely won my heart over with these offers they sent the last month. I hope to get an offer on a free room or reduced room soon tho. I would always get 1-2 night free in ac offers every month or so. Nothing from the sands yet :( only negative thing that bothers me is like others have said, the rude people from the buses. I had a guy follow me around for 20min trying to get me to buy his free play lol and watch your chips at the tables... Asian women for some reason always try to bet on top of my chips or steal mine. This is really not the casinos fault tho so I don't blame them.

• Stayed December 2013
On behalf of all of us at Sands Bethlehem, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent trip to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem! We appreciate your kind words and we're honored that you made Sands Bethlehem your top choice when it comes to Pennsylvania casinos/resorts.

I'd like to point out that if you earn enough points, you'll be able to "comp" yourself a room at the Sands Hotel. Please speak with a MY SANDS rep the next time you visit the casino for more information.

I'm happy to hear that you continue to enjoy your time at Sands Bethlehem and we look forward to hosting you in the near future!

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

It's a shame - this is the second time I've stayed here. First time, no problem. Second time, I was woken up at 4:30 am by the folks in the room next door to us - obviously drunk and partying in the room. I called the front desk, complained, and they sent security right away. Right after I called, the people quieted down (figures!), so I called the front desk back to let them know that security didn't need to walk by. The front desk was really friendly, helpful, and totally apologetic. However, the incident completely woke me up, and I was bitter and upset since it was the first time me and hubby have ever traveled together without our son. I was looking forward to a good night's sleep which I did NOT get.

This wasn't the hotel's fault, but is a bit of a downer with respect to its clientele. It is a casino hotel, so expect (as others have mentioned) rooms full of partying 20-somethings, with thin walls (especially for rooms that have a connecting room, which we did). Even though there are 2 steel doors in-between, it sounded like the neighbors were in the same room. Terrible soundproofing. I was hoping for some sort of compensation, given the fact that we dropped money at the restuarants and casino, but no luck. At check-out, I mentioned something to the front desk, and got an apology, but nothing else :(

Other than that complaint, the hotel is nice. A few bumps with respect to the layout of the bathroom (please add a bench where there is extra space)! and, not enough towels (which they'd, I'm sure, bring with a call to housekeeping). I"d stay here again, but with hesitation. It was disappointing as a parent's/couple's overnight - would be more appropriate for parties and larger partying crowds.

Room Tip: If you have a single room, get one that doesn't connect to another in hopes that some of the noi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for allowing Sands Bethlehem to be your host during your recent visit to the Lehigh Valley! Your feedback is very much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success, and I am sorry for the negative impact the noise from your neighbors had upon your stay and overall experience here.

We hope this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting Sands Bethlehem again in the near future. If you should have any further concerns about the noise or any other issue on property, please do not hesitate to contact us at guestservices@pasands.com

Massapequa, Ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We got a nice room rate for the weekend before Christmas. The room was very nice and the front desk staff very helpful. Casino is just OK. My wife and I try to visit Bethlehem once a year and mostly visit in December. We would return to the Sands if the price is right.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
On behalf of Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, I'd like to thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we appreciate your patronage to all areas of the Resort. We invite you to return to the Sands Casino Resort and we look forward to hosting you again next winter!

Kindest regards,
Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

if you dont get there before 12pm you will be bombarded by the asian clan coming off of 2 to 3 buses an hour up until 3pm. i used to love this place but its just too much arguing and fighting for tables and slot machines. as another poster stated those asians coming off buses are rude. you may be standing in front of a slot machine getting out your card and boom some asian woman sits down right in from you. im done with this place. heading to parx.

Room Tip: i have found no room there is noisy. not much around there plus views are just looking at the old st...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for providing valuable feedback about Sands Bethlehem. I am certainly disappointed to hear that your experience here did not surpass your expectations and I apologize for the challenges you experienced while on the casino floor. With that being said, I invite you to contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com or send us a private message as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Rehoboth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here one night while passing through pa, The room was nice the bed was kinda low and could of used another blanket but all in all very clean nice place friendly staff. Id stay there again for the price if i was passing through there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with all of us at Sands Bethlehem! There is no greater satisfaction than to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

For future reference, please don't hesitate to call down to the front desk to ask for an extra blanket. Our staff members are there to assist you in any way that they can.

We would be honored to host you again in the very near future and we look forward to your return!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Gave Sands a try as buses are frequent from Queens. As soon ss I got there on a Saturday I found the place crowded and the odor of stale nicotine was overwhelming. Tons of asians walking into you and looking half dead and very rude. I dont get the I must be first mentality as they cut in front of lines and have the worst hygiene standards in the restrooms. I literally had to looj through a half dozen stalls to find a decent one that wasn't covered in urine / spit and God knows what else. When I could find a slot the payoffs were mininal. Not worth the trip.

• Stayed December 2013
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for visiting us here at Sands Bethlehem. I am disappointed to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your visit. It is our goal to provide experiences that are truly extraordinary, so I am disheartened to read that there were a few aspects of your visit that were underwhelming. We apologize for the negative experience you had here at Sands Bethlehem so we invite you to contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com at your earliest convenience.

Marketing Coordinator

Been to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem? Share your experiences!