My wife and I usually go to Atlantic City to get away, spend the night and play some slots. The drive is about 2 1/2 hours from our location in Pennsylvania. I started getting tired of the long drive, traffic through Philadelphia, and tolls. We decided to try Sands in Bethlehem which is at best only an hour drive.
The restaurant selection was excellent, they had a little of everything. We decided to eat at the Irish Pub and Carvery. My wife being pregnant, started feeling nauseous from all of the smells (smoke, different foods, and the deodorizers sprayed into the air to eliminate smoke smells). Personally, I didn't even notice it. Due to this, she didn't even touch the dinner she ordered and the bartender (since we sat at the bar because we didn't want to wait for a table) removed her meal from the check without us even asking.
It was a Friday night, so as expected the slot floor was pretty full, but there were still plenty of open slot machines. The payouts for us were terrible, but plenty of people around us were winning, which is usually how it works ;). Also, the security on the casino floor was very abundant. I felt like I had the secret service watching my back the whole time. This gave a nice feel of safety, but would be a problem for somebody who has a guilty conscience.
They have a very nice selection in the food court between the hotel and the casino floor. Food wasn't bad and prices weren't too out of wack. I don't know how late they were open, but we headed back to the room around 11:30 because we were tired of losing and they were still open. This is great for a late night snack after drinking and gambling all night.
The hotel was beautiful. We paid $179 for a Friday night, which I didn't think was too bad. Check in took about 45 seconds using the automated check-in kiosk. The room was very clean, comfortable beds, and a nice contemporary decor.
We will definitely go back again!
- Also Known As:
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem Hotel Bethlehem
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem designed its hotel to set a new standard for luxury and style. Complimentary Continental Breakfast and Wireless Internet are included. The 302 rooms include 16 Executive Suites and 6 Presidential Suites, each of which has the latest in modern amenities like wireless internet, media-hubs and high-definition flat-screen televisions. When you select the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem you are assured an extraordinary experience. Each of the resort's spacious guest rooms is elegantly decorated in a stylish combination of rich dark woods and neutral tones - the perfect choice for a weekend escape or business retreat. Luxury, Style and Class come together to create an unparalleled hotel in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The Sands offers a wide array of dining from casual to upscale at five distinct locations and the convenience of a food court. Savor a tender cut of prime steak or fresh seafood at Emeril's Chop House. Visit Chef Emeril Lagasse's newest restaurant, Emeril's Italian Table, with its rustic Italian-inspired fare including antipasti, cured meats and artisanal cheeses, fresh made pastas and more. Enjoy a distinctive twist on all-American favorites at Burgers And More by Emeril. Stop by St. James Gate Irish Pub and Carvery for an authentic Irish meal. The Sands is home to a New York City iconic eatery, Carnegie Deli - the perfect stop for something quick and delicious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.