“I 'm getting old!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
“I 'm getting old!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The last time I was here it was still the Bethlehem Steel plant and now it's a casino hotel. I must say they were respectful to the steel making heritage of the site and did a great job with the layout and architecture of the place. It's first class. The food on site was fine. Carnegie deli has great sandwiches and the buffet was fine. Rooms are a bit more like a Comfort Inn than you would expect and a fitted sheet on the queen bed would be an improvement in what otherwise was a great bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing to stay at Sands Bethlehem during your recent visit to Bethlehem, PA. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the old Bethlehem Steel site as we work hard to maintain the buildings so our guests are able to enjoy the spectacular views.

However, I am disheartened to read that our rooms did not meet your expectations. Please know that we have taken this to heart, so that we are able to improve our services for you and future guests.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future!

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
durham, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Rooms are spacious and decently furbished, the casino and outlet mall are right there. Getting to town will take a long walk or take the bus ($2). Food at the casino and food court is depressing, bar at the hotel is a zoo. Reception personnel is obviously fed up with clientele... call your own taxi policy applies. Rates are high, but if you want to be next to the mall and casino, worth it. Surroundings of the industrial park are old fashioned romantic, yet you are in a bubble. Your choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your review about Sands Bethlehem! I am so glad that you found our rooms to be spacious and well-furnished, however I'm sorry to hear that food at the food court did not meet your expectations. Please note that I will pass your comments along to the food court vendor, Villa Enterprises, for review.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that the hotel check-in personnel did not exemplify the high-standard of customer service that we strive for, so please accept our apologizes. I will forward this note onto hotel management so they may be able to rectify the situation.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for the multiple challenges you experienced, however I do hope to welcome you to Sands Bethlehem again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

What a great surprise the Sands is in Bethlehem. The hotel service team at the front desk is very helpful and responsive. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. There is a nice outlet mall with some very nice stores attached to the hotel and of course, there is a casino.
If you come here expecting an experience similar to Vegas, I'd suggest you save your pennies and book a plane ticket to Vegas. Bethlehem is not Vegas, but the Sands is a good choice for a weekend or if you are in town visiting one of the local universities.
Our group had a fun evening in the casino. Plenty of table games and slot machines to keep you busy for an evening.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
It has been such a pleasure reading your review, and I am delighted that there were so many pleasant highlights about your stay at Sands Bethlehem! I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy both the casino and Outlet center as they are great attractions at the Sands Bethlehem property. Thanks again for your positive review, and I hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

Western MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The service was friendly. The room was stylish and comfortable. There was a casino, outlets, an event center (which is why we came) and restaurants. The continental breakfast had a nice selection of fresh fruits. I have no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing Sands Bethlehem as your host during your recent trip to Bethlehem, PA. I am so glad that you had a great time at the show, and that you were able to experience the casino, outlets, and event center.

I hope that you will visit us in the near future as we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to the Sands for a girls night out on a last minute whim. It is close to NYC and NJ. When we arrived we were surprised to find that the hotel offered many on site surprises. The outlet stores were connected right next door from the hotel and were opened till 11 pm. There was a movie theater in walking distance, and a night club on premise along with a theater. The casino was big and very clean. There were plenty of restaurants on site, along with smaller eateries for after hours. Our room was satisfactory, however it could have used more lamps and seating, A bit pricey though, but a very nice continental breakfast was included. If you go on the first Friday of the month, you can also visit the Banana Factory, nearby, where local artists exhibit their art in the galleries. A very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your positive review! I am so glad that you found our amenities to be convenient and exciting, and I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the many area attractions within walking distance to Sands Bethlehem.

Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to hosting you here at Sands Bethlehem again in the near future!

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My mom and I came to the Sands Casino Resort on Friday and left on Saturday -- we had tickets to see Kathy Griffin, so made a little overnight trip. It was a great time!

The hotel/resort complex is really nice. The history alone is amazing -- even though it seems most of the people who were there had no clue the place used to be Bethlehem Steel. If you take the time to enjoy the history and the amazing transformation of the original Steel building into this complex -- that alone is worth the trip. The outlets were small, but a nice walk to the casino. Something for everyone -- including the Peeps store which was fun. The Casino itself is quaint, but well worth the trip. Not sure if it is for heavy-hitting gamblers, but if you are looking to play some slots and table games -- very clean, fun, good crowd. The eateries are great -- lots to choose from, and high quality. We ate at Emerils Italian Table (see separate review -- fabulous!) for dinner, and went to the Carnegie Deli for dessert (amazing). Breakfast in the morning there was lots to choose from, although I would have liked a sit-down option for breakfast rather than food court.

The actual rooms were nice, clean, well appointed. It was strange that there was no bathtub, but I think that's the new thing in hotel design. We could've used another table or something in the bathroom to put our luggage and/or clothes -- there was space for it, so not sure why some type of bench wasn't in the actual bathroom itself.

The rooms are noisy. We heard drunken hotel guests coming back to their rooms late into the night -- no fun for someone who wanted to get a good night's sleep. It isn't a deal-breaker, but it would be nice if there was something in the hotel reminding people to be quiet (not sure if that would work, really....) since the acoustics are not good at all.

I would return here, for sure. Wouldn't take our 7-year old, since a lot of the "fun" stuff isn't really for kids. I do plan to return since it was a nice trip and would be a great little visit for even one night with my husband.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Sands Bethlehem as your host during your recent trip to Bethlehem, PA. I am pleased that you enjoyed our many amenities and I'm happy to hear that you had a great time at the Kathy Griffin concert. I am also glad that you enjoyed the the scenery of the old Bethlehem Steel site - it is truly awe-inspiring!

Thank you once again, and I hope to have the privilege of serving you on future trips to Sands Bethlehem.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We used the hotel valet and were surprised to see such a small area for drop off. The hotel is small and is within range for pricing. We usually get comped in avenges and AC, so we are not used to paying for a casino hotel. The check in is a single desk and you will wait to check out a long time when everyone is leaving. The hotel itself is nice, the casino I felt was very smokey and packed and I didn't get to enjoy the shopping that this property has to offer. I need to return another time. The room was great, clean and standard for a casino hotel. The location seems to be in the middle of nowhere, so we came, we saw, and we were back on the road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel and casino to be tidy and clean, however I am disappointed to hear that you found the casino area to be smoky. On behalf of Sands Bethlehem, I apologize for the smokiness you experienced, however I am glad that this did not deter you from planning another visit! Please note that I will pass your comments along to the appropriate department for review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future!

Marketing Coordinator

Been to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem? Share your experiences!