“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Western MA
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The service was friendly. The room was stylish and comfortable. There was a casino, outlets, an event center (which is why we came) and restaurants. The continental breakfast had a nice selection of fresh fruits. I have no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Sands Bethlehem as your host during your recent trip to Bethlehem, PA. I am so glad that you had a great time at the show, and that you were able to experience the casino, outlets, and event center.

I hope that you will visit us in the near future as we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to the Sands for a girls night out on a last minute whim. It is close to NYC and NJ. When we arrived we were surprised to find that the hotel offered many on site surprises. The outlet stores were connected right next door from the hotel and were opened till 11 pm. There was a movie theater in walking distance, and a night club on premise along with a theater. The casino was big and very clean. There were plenty of restaurants on site, along with smaller eateries for after hours. Our room was satisfactory, however it could have used more lamps and seating, A bit pricey though, but a very nice continental breakfast was included. If you go on the first Friday of the month, you can also visit the Banana Factory, nearby, where local artists exhibit their art in the galleries. A very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your positive review! I am so glad that you found our amenities to be convenient and exciting, and I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the many area attractions within walking distance to Sands Bethlehem.

Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to hosting you here at Sands Bethlehem again in the near future!

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My mom and I came to the Sands Casino Resort on Friday and left on Saturday -- we had tickets to see Kathy Griffin, so made a little overnight trip. It was a great time!

The hotel/resort complex is really nice. The history alone is amazing -- even though it seems most of the people who were there had no clue the place used to be Bethlehem Steel. If you take the time to enjoy the history and the amazing transformation of the original Steel building into this complex -- that alone is worth the trip. The outlets were small, but a nice walk to the casino. Something for everyone -- including the Peeps store which was fun. The Casino itself is quaint, but well worth the trip. Not sure if it is for heavy-hitting gamblers, but if you are looking to play some slots and table games -- very clean, fun, good crowd. The eateries are great -- lots to choose from, and high quality. We ate at Emerils Italian Table (see separate review -- fabulous!) for dinner, and went to the Carnegie Deli for dessert (amazing). Breakfast in the morning there was lots to choose from, although I would have liked a sit-down option for breakfast rather than food court.

The actual rooms were nice, clean, well appointed. It was strange that there was no bathtub, but I think that's the new thing in hotel design. We could've used another table or something in the bathroom to put our luggage and/or clothes -- there was space for it, so not sure why some type of bench wasn't in the actual bathroom itself.

The rooms are noisy. We heard drunken hotel guests coming back to their rooms late into the night -- no fun for someone who wanted to get a good night's sleep. It isn't a deal-breaker, but it would be nice if there was something in the hotel reminding people to be quiet (not sure if that would work, really....) since the acoustics are not good at all.

I would return here, for sure. Wouldn't take our 7-year old, since a lot of the "fun" stuff isn't really for kids. I do plan to return since it was a nice trip and would be a great little visit for even one night with my husband.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Sands Bethlehem as your host during your recent trip to Bethlehem, PA. I am pleased that you enjoyed our many amenities and I'm happy to hear that you had a great time at the Kathy Griffin concert. I am also glad that you enjoyed the the scenery of the old Bethlehem Steel site - it is truly awe-inspiring!

Thank you once again, and I hope to have the privilege of serving you on future trips to Sands Bethlehem.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We used the hotel valet and were surprised to see such a small area for drop off. The hotel is small and is within range for pricing. We usually get comped in avenges and AC, so we are not used to paying for a casino hotel. The check in is a single desk and you will wait to check out a long time when everyone is leaving. The hotel itself is nice, the casino I felt was very smokey and packed and I didn't get to enjoy the shopping that this property has to offer. I need to return another time. The room was great, clean and standard for a casino hotel. The location seems to be in the middle of nowhere, so we came, we saw, and we were back on the road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel and casino to be tidy and clean, however I am disappointed to hear that you found the casino area to be smoky. On behalf of Sands Bethlehem, I apologize for the smokiness you experienced, however I am glad that this did not deter you from planning another visit! Please note that I will pass your comments along to the appropriate department for review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sands. We were there for a convention that was being held at the hotel. No problems to note. The rooms were very nice and our floor was very quiet, even though the hotel was sold out for the weekend. Walking through the casino, I didn't find it to be overly smokey at all.

It's in perfect walking distance to the Steel Stacks, and we found a great local bar with a hockey rink attached right down the street.

Overall, great experience staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive review with us at Sands Bethlehem! I am glad that you had a great time during your convention, and I'm pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to having you back again soon.

Chaska, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I really enjoyed the Sands in Bethlehem. It is a very nice hotel with good amenities! The location is great too. Venture west into the city of Bethlehem too! Nice town! The staff and valet parking attendants were very attentive. The casino is nice too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience and your satisfaction with us at Sands Bethlehem! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and all that Bethlehem, PA has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

As a visitor to over 50 casinos around the U.S. - this casino is unlike anything I have ever seen. It is in the old Bethlehem Steel plant building - a blend of old and new - the inside is clean and luxe and huge - lots of slots, plenty of tables, shopping outlet stores on -site and many choices of food. I did not stay at the hotel. This review is about the casino area only.

Room Tip: did not stay at resort - only visited casino
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem! The old SteelStacks property definitely provides some awe-inspiring views, and I am happy to know that you were able to enjoy the scenery. Also, I'm very happy that you noticed all of the great additions to our property, including the Sands Outlets and various dining options.

Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future!

Marketing Coordinator

Been to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem? Share your experiences!