“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Harrison, New York
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here beginning of September, price was good for the quality we received.
The room we stayed in was spacious and clean.
Only part that was a bit annoying was key card had to be swiped in elevator, had to be in room for electricty/AC to work - just needed getting use to.
Convenient for Casino, restaurants and shopping located inside.
Sign up for the Sands casino card and you will receive a better rate for hotel rooms.
Would definitely stay again as check in to check out was very smooth! Also offer basic continental breakfast

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for your fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you had a great time, however I apologize for the difficulties you experienced with the key card in your hotel room - I hope that this did not dampen your stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I saw a comedian last year at the Event Center. The seats were literally right behind a structural column. I couldn't believe they'd even sell those seats. My husband and I ended up standing the who time. I'm seeing the same comedian this year, and made sure to get front row seats this time to avoid looking at cement the whole time. I would stay at the hotel, but if last year's seats are any indication of how this hotel is run, I think I'll just stay somewhere else.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your experience at the Sands Event Center. I am disappointed to hear about your seating mishap, and apologize on behalf of the Sands Event Center.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this mishap does not deter you from visiting Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit. If you would like to contact us directly, please email us at guestservices@pasands.com.

Needham, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here because we thought it might be fun for a quick one night stop before visiting colleges in the area. An interesting idea to renovate the old steel factory but in essence just an ugly hotel with low end amenities and facilities. The only bright spot was the choice of restaurants. We ate at Emeril's Italian Table which was quite good. The outlet mall was pathetic with very few stores. The casino was packed so for those that like to come and smoke themselves to death and gamble their money away it must be fine. When walking to check out the restaurants, we were enveloped in the smoke which ruined the experience. Maybe a fine place for smoking gamblers but not for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for allowing Sands Bethlehem to be your host during your recent visit to the Lehigh Valley. Your feedback is very much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success, and I am sorry for the negative impact the smoke had upon your well-being, and overall experience here.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies and I invite you to get in touch with our guest relations department as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of your visit and to do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. Please contact us at guestservices@pasands.com so we may be able to learn more about your experience at Sands Bethlehem.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very good use of what was a eyesore. Our stay at the hotel was very nice from the pleasant valet attendant to the courteous hotel receptionist. The room is very spacious with ample amenities. Very nice shopping mall with plenty of deals to be had. Only complaint would be the table games staff be more knowledgeable about payouts. I had to correct the dice crew numerous of times. The box person and floor were very social however not ensuring enough for my liking. I felt as if my money was not being taken care of. Dealers could use a bit more training, this would help their toke rate which I heard being discussed at the table with another dice dealer from mt. Airy. Wasn't what I consider a classy conversation. Overall experience was enjoyable and would make a return in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for recommending Sands Bethlehem to your fellow travelers. Earning referrals from previous guests is a wonderful compliment that you have given. Still, however, I apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced on the gaming floor. Please be assured that I will send your comments to the appropriate dept. for review so they may be able to correct the issues at hand.

All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Festus, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight for our anniversary as we got engaged also at the casino. Upon arrival, the hotel rooms seemed very clean, upkeep well. We ordered room service. Disappointing you can only order room service from Emeril's Italian. Totally screwed up our order. We ordered the lasagna and chicken parm - received two orders? Never brought our drinks - had to call down for them. The salad I ordered specifically with no anchovies or onions - both were on my salad. TV is difficult to figure out. It would be nice if it had a "guide" of what shows were on at the time you have the TV on instead of flipping through the channels to see what is on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reaching out us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience and we are glad it has been brought to our attention. It is disappointing to hear that your visit to our property was not a complete success, and that you experienced less than satisfactory room service. As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I encourage you to contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com so may be able to resolve these issues and earn your future loyalty.

Thank you and I look welcoming you back soon!

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Beautiful accomodations. Hotel is top-notch. Clean, spacious all the amenities, free breakfast! Very happy with place. We were there during Musicfest. I highly recommend this attraction on anyone. The casino has enough tables and slots to satisfy anyone and there is always some kind of attraction whether it be a comedian, mixed martial arts fighting, boxing or music. Great shopping deals were going on and the food was excellent. Many types of restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to read that Sands Bethlehem exceeded your expectations and provided you with excellent customer service and accommodations. All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future!

Mississauga, Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from Sept. 1, 2013 overnight. My husband and I joined a tour group and it's our first time to stay in this hotel. We were here for a night and I would strongly recommend this hotel. From their Hotel Manager Gary who welcomed us on our arrival until our departure. All their staff were very welcoming, helpful and accommodating. We would certainly come back. Our only negative comment is the room, it needs more lighting, otherwise it's comfortable and clean. Hats off to everyone! Keep up the excellent job! The hotel is a great location to have a relaxing time, I hope Taipan tour will organize a 2 night stay in your hotel! That will be awesome!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Sands Bethlehem on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your overall impression was positive. Please be assured that I will pass your thoughtful comments along to Gary and the rest of the hotel staff so that they're aware of the excellent customer service they provided to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future!

Marketing Coordinator

Been to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem? Share your experiences!