“Great new hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
“Great new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Beautiful accomodations. Hotel is top-notch. Clean, spacious all the amenities, free breakfast! Very happy with place. We were there during Musicfest. I highly recommend this attraction on anyone. The casino has enough tables and slots to satisfy anyone and there is always some kind of attraction whether it be a comedian, mixed martial arts fighting, boxing or music. Great shopping deals were going on and the food was excellent. Many types of restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to read that Sands Bethlehem exceeded your expectations and provided you with excellent customer service and accommodations. All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future!

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from Sept. 1, 2013 overnight. My husband and I joined a tour group and it's our first time to stay in this hotel. We were here for a night and I would strongly recommend this hotel. From their Hotel Manager Gary who welcomed us on our arrival until our departure. All their staff were very welcoming, helpful and accommodating. We would certainly come back. Our only negative comment is the room, it needs more lighting, otherwise it's comfortable and clean. Hats off to everyone! Keep up the excellent job! The hotel is a great location to have a relaxing time, I hope Taipan tour will organize a 2 night stay in your hotel! That will be awesome!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Sands Bethlehem on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your overall impression was positive. Please be assured that I will pass your thoughtful comments along to Gary and the rest of the hotel staff so that they're aware of the excellent customer service they provided to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future!

Hicksville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Sands for a long weekend. This was our third stay there. The hotel is still very nice and the rooms were clean. The casino could use some cleaning. It has deteriorated over the last few years. The addition of the outlets gives you something else to do but unfortunately, you have people who hanged out there and then hang out in the entrance hallway from the outlets to the hotels. It makes you a little uncomfortable. The staff at the Sands were wonderful and very attentive. The restaurants at the hotel are pretty good but a little pricey. Overall, it is a good place to go for a long weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you recognized the cleanliness of the Sands Hotel, however I apologize that your stay was not a complete success. Please be assured that I will forward your comments along to the appropriate department for review.

Again, thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future!

Nyack, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pros:
Free wifi
Free breakfast
Tv accessories are a plus
Room size is ok.
Cons;
Elevators are badly designed
Pool is small and not enough equipped.
------

Pros:
Free wifi
Free breakfast
Tv accessories are a plus
Room size is ok.
Cons;
Elevators are badly designed
Pool is small and not enough equipped.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Sands Bethlehem. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the continental breakfast. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of Sands Bethlehem for your "cons" during your stay. I am disheartened to learn that you were not able to enjoy your pool experience. Please be assured that I have forwarded your concerns to our Hotel/Pool Management team for review and internal resolve.

If you would like to reach out to us directly to give us additional detail on your stay, please don't hesitate to email us at guestservices@pasands.com.

San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stay at the Sands because it's near a business office that we visit regularly. I always feel awkward being at a hotel where others are there for fun and you're, well, not.
The rooms are ok - the adjoining doors allow way too much noise, unfortunately. I was glad when my neighbors quieted down. They seemed to be there for fun, and, well, you know how I feel about that.

Beds were good, rooms well appointed. I had an odd situation - the housekeeping staff forgot to leave any soap or shampoo. When I called down for some, I got shampoo but no soap. I made do (it was only one night) with shampoo for bath gel and hand wash but have to say that was a first.

We ate at one of the Emeril's locations on site. Their food court is also open early enough for a quick tea or java before we had to run to meetings. You get to walk thru the empty mall at that hour and window shop - guilt free.

Staff was friendly, we'll definitely return for both convenience, price and value.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a room without an adjoining door, which transmits too much noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for allowing Sands Bethlehem to be your host during your many visits to the Lehigh Valley. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable. I am very disappointed to hear that your most recent, however, visit was not a complete success and I would like to apologize on behalf of Sands Bethlehem and our team.

Please note that I will forward your comments to Hotel management for review so they are better able to address the issues at hand. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to hosting you again soon on your next visit to Bethlehem, PA!

Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Let me just say that I would NEVER go back there again even for free. The beds are awful, they give you minimum towels and not good ones, there is nothing to do but gamble and you can't find an open slot machine if you wanted to. The shops are low grade and not worth anything. Extremely disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for choosing Sands Bethlehem as your host during your recent visit to Bethlehem, PA. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. Please know that we certainly take these matters into consideration, so I appreciate you reaching out to us and giving us your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our entire team at Sands Bethlehem. I hope that at some point in the future you'll give us another opportunity to try us again. Also, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at guestservices@pasands.com and let us know how we can earn your future loyalty.

lancaster, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel 8/31/13 to attend a concert at the musicfest cafe. Overall, hotel seems to be very well built. Room controlled temp.through your room key. Quiet rooms, tastefully decorated, nothing too fancy. Pool area/exercise area small. Good security control with room keys. Rooms clean, nice size, nice accessories. The only concern we felt was no one either was willing or acted like the musicfest was foreign to them but it was within the same complex (within walking distance). Overall, thought $299 a night for a room was a little extreme for the area. Otherwise, liked the hotel. Would stay again but hopefully it was pricey due to Labor Day weekend.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! Your continued patronage is greatly appreciated and I thank you for sending along your comments for improvement.

I understand that there are many hotel options when visiting Bethlehem, PA and I certainly appreciate your patronage and thank you for recommending us as the hotel of choice while visiting the Lehigh Valley. I look forward to hosting you during your return visit in the near future!

Marketing Coordinator

Been to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem? Share your experiences!