“Great hotel to stay for gaming and sightseeing.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Outlets Package
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Middle Village, New York, United States
“Great hotel to stay for gaming and sightseeing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was our second stay at the Sands in Bethlehem and we plan on going back again. The hotel looks just as nice as on our first visit when it had just opened. Beautiful, large rooms that are nicely decorated and very clean. As with a previous reviewer, the beds are so very comfortable. If you are a Veteran, bring your VA ID card and ask for the discount. Enjoy the gaming and also tour the lovely town of Bethlehem on the other side of the Lehigh River.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
We'd like to take a minute to thank you for your positive reviews and your continued patronage! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and we invite you stay with us again soon!

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I produced a 125 person at the Sands in early October. The hotel was very clean (it is also relatively new). All staff were friendly and welcoming. Most I passed in the halls, regardless of their work assignments, greeted me and other guests. There were no language or communications barriers. This showed up repeatedly on the conference evals.

Banquet food was very good. The fillets were on the red side of medium which made them a big hit in this 96% male group. Guest rooms were turned by early afternoon. This too did not go unnoticed by attendees.

Meeting space is well appointed and sets were as promised. No issues of significance were encountered and I did not have to mediate any hotel/guest disputes.

The hotel has no reader boards. This caused confusion when, upon arrival, no one could answer a critical question, “Where is my group’s registration?” The absence of reader boards is a glaring omission.

The casino is attached and far enough distant from meeting and guest rooms that it was easily ignored by those who had no interest in it. Nearby venues - elsewhere on a rather large and developing “campus” - for the arts and sports make this a changing, growing destination that will offer more besides a casino as this area continues to develop.

Specialty restaurants lining the gambling area’s perimeter were pricey, but there were other food outlets with less substantial menus and guest checks. Placed to accommodate those helping to fund Pennsylvania state and local governments, these do double duty as the food service outlets that serve hotel guests

STEEL STACKS and other monoliths from the steel making industry are reminders of the former industrial giant that shared its first name with the City: Bethlehem Steel. These relics bring an awareness of the industrial might - now relocated to China - that grew this country. Prominent near the hotel entrance is a gantry which once was part of an enormous overhead crane. One of my attendees pointed to it and proudly said, “My grandfather was the crane operator for many many years.” I was glad they preserved it and its connection to the individual histories that were forged there. None of these are in the hotel, but are close enough (walking distance) that they are part of the overall hotel complex.

Discover Lehigh Valley (discoverlehighvalley,com) was a great resource during site selection. They also provided info packs for every attendee. This is a great resource for meeting planners and individuals seeking information about the area.

My overall rating for this venue is 8/10. Many attendees would like to return to this conference venue and I would welcome the opportunity to return to this evolving destination.

I hope to go back with my wife for some R&R and take in a show but w/o any GsOC.

Room Tip: The higher the better - south side view is more interesting.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
On behalf of the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, I would like to personally thank you for sharing your detailed description of our property and I am very humbled to hear such kind words from a valued guest. We strive to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable while staying at Sands Bethlehem, even if they do not gamble, so it's wonderful to hear that we are succeeding in becoming an all-inclusive resort. I will forward your comments about the reader boards to Hotel Management so they are better able to serve our guests in the future.

We are also very honored to preserve the history of the old Bethlehem Steel site. We enjoy preserving the remains as it provides us with a constant reminder of the history that was made in Bethlehem, PA.

Again, thank you for your feedback and helping us improve! We invite you to stay with us again soon and we look forward to hosting you!

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our stay was wonderful. The rooms were large and very modern in decor... We were up high and had a view of the river below...very nice. The beds were made by Simmons Beautyrest and both my friend and I had an awesome night of sleep. She usually has a hard time laying down all night and ends up in a recliner...not on these beds. High compliments. There is an outlet mall attached to the hotel and casino, Coach, Tommy Hilfiger, Bass and Charming Charlie's were some of the places. The hotel gave me a $10 Tommy gift card to use and I ended up getting a sweater that I wanted back at home for $6. Pleasant staff in all of the stores. The casino is nice and large...free drinks for gamblers and actually a really good drink. I was pleased that I hit on the slot machines. The choice of restaurants was good but expensive as well as the food court was pricey but it was a vacation and we enjoyed ourselves. Three Emeril's restaurants, a Carnegie Deli and and Irish place. The hotel gives a decent continental breakfast for free if you stay overnight. The Irish place we ate was very cozy, nice bar, beer selection and tv's without being a sports bar.. The food was good and our server was pleasant...even at 10:30 on a Sunday evening. Walking is very long as this is all in an old Steel Mill structure.. Very cool reuse of space. We even made it down to the Stacks which you can actually walk to and saw a movie at the cineplex...there is an outdoor cafe and a small ampitheater with the steel mills as the back drop...very cool. Make sure you visit the complex, it is a work of art. My only complaint was a lack of valet parking...nobody showed up and then we decided to park the car ourselves and move on. Otherwise, it is a very nice place and we would return again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed being up high and overlooking the river.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for visiting the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem and taking the time to provide your valuable feedback! We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, customer service, and overall feel of the property and we're glad that we were able to make your stay a success.
I will forward your message about hotel valet parking to Hotel Management so they are able to correct the problem and make sure that does not happen again. I apologize for the inconvenience! Again, thank you for providing us your positive feedback and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Clean, not as smokey as I expected. Plenty of machines and tons of tables although for the location I felt that the buy-ins were kinda high...$20 minimum at blackjack in the middle of a tuesday afternoon. I was only there for an hour, but it seemed like the resort was completely self contained, and it would have to be, since there is nothing else around. definitely a destination casino/resort, filled with bus loads of seniors or tourists.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to visit the Sands Casino Resort Hotel Bethlehem and for providing your valuable feedback! We strive to make the Sands a fun and exciting destination resort, and your comments will help us achieve that goal. Again, we appreciate your business and we welcome you back in the near future.

Reading, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Husband and I just wanted a quick weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary. Upon arriving at the resort it was a little bit confusing to find the check in lobby. Check in was very easy. Our room on the 15th floor was very clean, and spacious. There needed to be another chair or chaise in the room because there was plenty of empty space. Very comfortable bed also. Not much to do in the area other than the casino which was a little disappointing. They have a smoking and non smoking area, but it didn't seem to make a difference. People were smoking all over the place and in some areas it was enough to choke a horse! They need to do something to ventilate the area or make it no smoking period! Pretty bad! There is a small food court and a few shops on the property. It appears that more stores will be opening soon. Food very expensive, but that's to be expected in a casino/resort. It was nice looking at the Bethlehem Steel Plant buildings and pictures. Overall, would I go back...probably.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the Sands Casino Resort, thank you for visiting and celebrating your anniversary with us! We enjoy having you as our guest and we certainly appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve. Currently we have a smoking section on one side of our casino (near Burgers and More by Emeril) for patrons to use and the other side (near Emeril's Chop House) is non-smoking. We strive to provide all of our guests with a clean, happy, and healthy experience at the Sands so your reviews will be taken into consideration as we continue to grow and improve. Again, we appreciate your patronage and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed one night 10/6/12 as we had tickets to see Larry the Cable Guy perform. We have come to Sands before but just to gamble in the casino and never stayed overnite before. Valet was right there when we pulled up, check in was fast and courteous and we got to our room in no time. Room was large and very nicely decorated. View outside the window was of the river running by and the trains were fun to watch, too. Bathroom was nice, no tub just a shower stall and the water pressure wasn't the best. I did find some hairs on one of the wash cloths so I tossed that one on the floor and the bathroom faucet was not properly cleaned, toothpaste dots remained from the previous guest, kinda gross so I brought these 2 things to the attention of housekeeping when we were leaving. Once we settled in for the night I just loved the way the bed "hugged" me it was so soft (Beautyrest, I peeked, hehe) and I slept very well. We will return for future stays at the Sands.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recently staying with us at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem! We are happy to have you as a guest and you are always welcome back. We also appreciate your feedback as we work hard to provide every guest with the best experience possible. I will forward your review to Hotel Management so they will be able to correct the housekeeping issues in the future. Again, thank you for your positive reviews and we look forward to having you again soon!

Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Smoky, rigged slots, uniformly obsequious and uncaring staff. Zero service, with a trained disingenuous smile.

Machine took my money, service person smiled patronizingly and told me that he couldn't do anything to help me but his manager could. Called the manager, we waited, he couldn't do anything, either.

Bar's nice, though drinks are watered down.

• Stayed October 2012
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We appreciate you providing valuable feedback on your visit to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem - Your review will help us improve! On behalf of Sands Bethlehem, I am very sorry to hear about your experience at the Sands Casino. Since we are always working to improve, we appreciate your comments and suggestions for improvement. We will forward your comments to Casino Management so they are able to address the issues at hand and provide better service to our future guests. Again, we are very sorry to hear about your experience and would appreciate it if you would contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com.

Kindest regards,
Marketing Coordinator

Been to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem? Share your experiences!