“Confused kitchen staff...but a great burger” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 320 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Family Fare
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Chef Emeril is putting his distinctive twist on your favorite American classics. Enjoy prime and grass-fed beef burgers, seafood, turkey and veggie selections and much more.
“Confused kitchen staff...but a great burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The wife and I will frequent the Sands casino maybe once every couple of months,not much the gamblers,and made plans to eat at Emerils Burgers when we went a couple of weeks ago. When ordering a burger there,there is a whole checklist consisting of type of meat,how you would like it cooked,topping and codiments. About 20 minutes after ordering I questioned the waiter on the status of our order and was told it would be right out. After 40 minutes my wife and I were ready to get up and walk out our burgers and sides arrived only to be totally different from what we ordered. I summoned the manager,who not only made sure everything was made right in less than 10 minutes,but also told us our complete meal including dessert was on the house. All we paid for was our drinks and a tip. I can't say the burgers were worth waiting for an hour,but they were delicious. Hopefully next time we will have more time to pull the slots because we will be having an Emerils burger.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Staten Island, New York
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Always expect great things from Chef LaGasse but this really was adorable and delicious.
Great burgers and a variety including Turkey.
Yummy sides and great service.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
philadelphia, pa
“Bamm, Damn Sham thank you mam”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

If you can make it through the smoking section of the casino without passing out, you will find Emerils Gourmet Burger Restaurant. Don't get me wrong, the burgers are good, but not exceptional, which is wat you really are expecting. You get to choose the bun, the meat (My wife selected Prime, I selected the Short Rib - both good) the toppoings and sauces. I was disappointed in the homemeade worchestershire sauce, which was like an au jus- I guess to dip your burger into; spicy vinegar based Coleslaw was very average, nothing special, White beans were undercooked and hard, but nice complex flavor profile, fries were tasty, crunchy, appeared homemade and presented nicely in small baskets, but no sauces were reccommended for dipping. We did ask for the homemade ranch and it was excellent. Walking away, paying close to $50 for a burger lunch for 2 people, just didn't seem worthwhile.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dover
“A gem of a meal where you wouldleast likely expect it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We have eaten in Emeril's in New Orleans and were very happy with the meal, so we decided that we would take a chance on another Emeril venue in a location we were unfamiliar with. Bethlehem had a reputation as a steel city that had turned to rust when the industry collapsed some years ago. Our expectations were not high even as we drove down the main street with its many shops and the huge casino complex that looked like it was part of a steel mill complex (it was). When we entered the casino we were surprised to see that is was not quite complete and sections were yet to be built, but it was easy to find Emeril's restaurant. Looking inside the restaurant from inside the casino, we saw an elegant place tastefully decorated and very inviting. We were promptly seated without a reservation, and the wait service was wonderful, as was the excellent meal. If you've never been to an Emeril restaurant, you might like to try asking the drink server for a drink recommendation. I like sweet drinks, and what was prepared for me was excellent. My wife likes fine wine as her drink was equally excellent. Food preparation was outstanding and plating was what one would expect from a place like Emeril's. So if you are in the casino and looking for a great place for a meal, try Emeril's. I don't recall the name being "burgers and more" when we visited, but they may have changed it to attract a larger clientele. I'm sure the food remains great in keeping with Emeril's reputation for fine dining.

• Visited September 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Goode, Virginia
“Excellent burgers and service in a typical casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I don't understand why this place is rated so low. Yes, it is inside a casino, so you have to deal with parking and **some** cigarette smoke, but that should not be a surprise. If you expected a casino to be any different, then it's really time to check your expectations. It should be noted that I did not smell the smoke **at all** within the restaurant Beside that, the food and service were outstanding. I had a burger which was very juicy with quality ingredients, and the fries were tasty and plenteous. Prices are reasonable given the location, celebrity chef, quality food, and excellent service. If the price seems too high, I'm sure a local McDonalds will be happy to sell you a burger.

• Visited May 2011