“Never Disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 316 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: Public transit hub is 4 blocks from restaurant.
Description: Casually elegant, the Tap Room offers the most sought after view of Historic Main Street and its Victorian charm. Lounge by the vintage mahogany bar, in an atmosphere evoking the Jazz Age.Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner overlooking the heart of Bethlehem’s historic district.Every Thursday, live jazz performances add to the 1920’s atmosphere.
Milford, New Jersey
“Never Disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

You have to dine at this restaurant. The food is absolutely delicious! Clean surroundings and friendly service. The menu is a little pricey but the experience is definitely worth it. Plenty of public parking one block away.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
“Very nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The food was terrific, very small portions and Manhattan prices. I had the Atlantic wild caught salmon, it was prepared very nicely and cooked perfect. I am not a big eater, but I could have eaten twice the size.The crab cake as an appetizer was delicious. The martini was perfect and the creme brulee finished the meal very nicely. Our server, sorry I think his name was Michael did his job nicely also. It's a nice looking hotel and someday we will return. We ordered 2 salmon meals and 2 filet Mignon, all were cooked excellent.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Food outstanding, service good, live entertainment too loud!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have eaten here numerous times. I had a piece of bass here so amazing I still talk about it. The service has always been polite, helpful and attentive. I like the decor and we find it both elegant and laid back. Great place to walk to (since we can!) and enjoy an after-work cocktail and meal. I only wish when they do offer live entertainment they perhaps encourage the entertainer to perform at a lower decibel. I like background music where I can still hear conversation. I don't care to hear someone belting it out with all their might in a small room. That's fine if you want to see music as an activity, but when we go out to dinner we like to converse. So we skipped dessert once or twice when the singer was really loud. It's just not our thing. I would assume with the crowd we saw the last time (families, kids, couples) that others might feel the same way.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jessica P, Manager at Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Karlise13

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment so nicely on your experiences here at the Tap Room. We agree that a meal is enhanced by quality food, attentive service and a comfortable environment. I sincerely apologize that the volume of the music detracted from your evening. The Historic Hotel Bethlehem is an avid supporter of local artists but, with that said we realize that a performance should not be at the expense of our guests’ experience. It is appreciated that you brought this to our attention and we hope you will join us again soon.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Charming atmosphere and outstanding food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Delicious breakfast! The best coffee! Friendly and wonderful wait staff! The restaurant is casual but still classy!

Visited July 2014
Dear Kay F

We are so happy that you enjoyed the menu and the service when you joined us for breakfast. Thank you taking the time to say so online. We too, are excited about the LaVazza coffee that is new to the restaurant repertoire. Come join us for a cup, anytime.
Bayside, Wisconsin
“Better table would have been nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My son and I were in town to see Lehigh University, but we also met with family members for Sunday brunch. We had reservations at 1 pm for 7 people. I checked in with the hostess to confirm our reservations and also to let her know that I was waiting for family that I hadn't seen in 15 years. I told her where I was in case I didn't recognize them as there wasn't really a place to wait for them by the door. She was very understanding.

When our party arrived, we were shown to our table. I had been looking at all the tables and was excited. We, however, were seated in what looked like a ballroom. It was a very large room with tables for large groups. I guess I was a little disappointed because it wasn't the lovely setting in the other rooms.

Having said that, the food was wonderful. The selection was large. Our waiter could have been more attentive, but it was fine.

I would definitely go back to this brunch, but I would make sure not to be in the ballroom.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jessica P, Manager at Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Dear Ttttraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Award-Winning Brunch. Due to the popularity of our brunch, we do seat the entire first floor. In the future when making a reservation, you may request to be seated else where and we do our very best to accommodate all requests. Also, we have just remodeled our Mural Ballroom. It is beautiful and bright and completely refreshed. Please know that any lack of attentiveness in our service is not the normal practice here at the Hotel and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.