“Sunday Brunch Nice Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 300 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: Public transit hub is 4 blocks from restaurant.
Description: Casually elegant, the Tap Room offers the most sought after view of Historic Main Street and its Victorian charm. Lounge by the vintage mahogany bar, in an atmosphere evoking the Jazz Age.Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner overlooking the heart of Bethlehem’s historic district.Every Thursday, live jazz performances add to the 1920’s atmosphere.
pa
“Sunday Brunch Nice Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

If you are looking for a Sunday Brunch Buffet that had decent quality food, not "foodie- got to have it" but beyond Denny's in a very nice atmosphere, this has it to offer. The building is very attractive. Most of the items on the buffet were tasty, but nothing made me say "wow". When I visited, there was a made to order omelette station and a carving station as well as continental breakfast items, warming trays with breakfast meats, seafood, chicken, egg, potato and pasta options, many desserts, fresh fruits, juices and other choices. There was a piano player in the center of the lobby area where the food stations were located and several birthday parties and business gatherings in side rooms. I was being treated so you would need to check the website for prices. I suspect it was a bit more than I would normally pay for this level of meal, but then again, I don't tend to splurge on breakfast. If a sophisticated atmosphere is what you are looking for, this will offer it. If you are looking for "out of the ordinary" food, keep looking.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice little bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the hotel and decided to grab a drink before heading off to bed.

We sat at the bar and were served by Kelly, the bartender. I ordered a scotch and my wife had a water. We sat and chatted and enjoyed the drinks and the pictures of past, famous customers.

I ordered a second scotch and then we called it a night. I only write this review because our bartender, Kelly had no personality whatsoever. She actually seemed mad to be at work. Did it ruin my night? No...just an observation.

On the other hand, my wife wanted to try their famous ice cream but the ice cream stand downstairs was closed. One of the managers was very friendly and suggested that we order for the Tap Room and get it to go. The staff at the hostess stand were very friendly and accommodating. The ice cream was amazing...

new york
“Nice place for a drink!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a nice location, in the hotel, for a drink (and they had live music on Sunday evening). However, it is right off the entrance door to the hotel, and thus, very "open" to all the people coming in and out on their way to the elevators or front desk. A small half-wall along the border of the Tap Room would be a nice way to "section it off" a little bit from the entrance. Saw some people sitting at a table (having their dinner) right near the entrance; would not have been my choice to set in that location. There are many nice restaurants on Main Street to visit for dinner, although the brunch that the hotel puts on is VERY GOOD!

New York
“Great Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The selection was great. The food was fresh and plentiful. The trays were constantly replenished. The baked goods are made on the premises and very tasty. Our waitress was pleasant and attentive. A note, the champagne is not included in the price.
I would highly recommend it.

Hellertown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Ehhh.....for the Hotel Bethlehem I expected more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I dined at the Tap Room last night. Our waitress was fantastic and the atmosphere was pleasant. I've dined many times in the Terrace Restaurant located in the hotel, and even had my wedding their some time ago. Naturally I have high expectations for the hotel since past experiences were good. However, the Tap room was not impressive. The salad I got with my filet was like a mixture of weeds, it really was not appealing at all. We also ordered a large grilled artichoke salad and that was "bla" as well. I was not impressed, I would prefer eating some place else when I am going to spend that kind of "dough."

• Visited March 2014