“Sunday brunch at its best” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 299 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: Public transit hub is 4 blocks from restaurant.
Description: Casually elegant, the Tap Room offers the most sought after view of Historic Main Street and its Victorian charm. Lounge by the vintage mahogany bar, in an atmosphere evoking the Jazz Age.Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner overlooking the heart of Bethlehem’s historic district.Every Thursday, live jazz performances add to the 1920’s atmosphere.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Sunday brunch at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I have been to the Sunday brunch at the Hotel Bethlehem numerous times; however, this time was so sublime that he even said: be sure to put a review on tripadvisor! We were there on Easter Sunday: it was so busy that the parking lot was full; however, they had a shuttle taking you back and forth to the offsite parking for which I didn't have to wait even a nano second.
One of the wonderful parts of our time was that even though it was so very busy, the staff never appeared rushed, nor did they try to hurry our time there.
The food was as delicious and special as always: snow crab claws, fresh peeled shrimp, much fresh fruit, omelets, meats, creamy brie cheese, and on and on. One of the things I really like is that all of their desserts are miniature in size, so you can choose to enjoy many different pastry experiences. The grandkids loved the chocolate fountain. (And, they have some foods, such as small pizzas, just for kids, if they prefer.)
The atmosphere, despite, the huge crowd, is always serene: in part, because of the wait staff not rushing, even while being attentive; also, because of the beautiful piano music and then the number of different rooms that the seating is in. We have heard several different musicians thee and they all have been excellent.
We were a party of 10 with four grandkids ranging in age from 3 to 11. Thoughtfully, they put us in a room all to ourselves, which allowed the children to get up and run around the room without disturbing anyone else. Yet, even with being in this private room, the French doors were open, so we could hear the music and see all of the activity. A final example of their attentiveness: both the Easter bunny and the magician came to our room several times.
We have been to Sunday brunches in New York City, Chicago and New Orleans: the quality of Hotel Bethlehem stands up to them all and for a lower price (although for local Lehigh Valley people, it may seem high). Obviously, I can't say enough good things about the experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
leonardo, nj
“to my liking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

my spouse and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to one of our favorite hotel restaurants. from the generous cocktails to the delicious meals I would certainly recommend the Tap Room in Bethlehem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Extremely mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a mid-afternoon lunch on a Sunday. One of the olives in my martini was bad and had a large black spot. It went un-noticed by both the bartender and waitress despite it being obvious to me as soon as the glass was put in front of me. The waitress brought me another olive after I asked for one, but she brought it on a skewer on a napkin. The cocktail glasses had finger prints all over them. The food was just average. The salad was not served with dressing. We had to ask for dressing. The waitress didn't ask what kind of dressing we wanted when placing our order. We had to ask for ketchup for the fries. The cole slaw was at room temperature and I wondered if it had spoiled. Never again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Sean L, Manager at Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Gary D,

I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your recent visit. This is not our typical guest experience when dining with us. I have shared your comments with our management team.

If you would like to discuss this further our Director of Restaurant Operations Kathleen Brown would like the opportunity to speak with you. She can be reached at 610-625-2211.
“Lunch after Bach at Noon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

In January after enjoying the Bach Choir my friend and I chose the Tap Room for our lunch. We were greeted by the hostess and seated promptly. Our server was friendly and attentive. We both had soup and I chose a tuna melt while my friend chose the grouper sandwich - both of us very pleased with our selections. The atmosphere was delightful as the room was still decorated for the Christmas holiday. It is also fun to peruse the many pictures of celebrities who have visited the hotel.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Staff is great, Great view of downtown Bethlehem. Jazz music is a nice touch. Hotel has so much history and its so beautiful. My only complant would be I wish they had more food choices. What we did get was awesome!

• Visited February 2013