“Decent food at good prices” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
St. James Gate Irish Pub & Carvery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 299 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy traditional Irish fare, your favorite imported and domestic beers and daily drink specials in our authentic Irish pub.
new jersey
“Decent food at good prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The food is good and well prepared, but Pub style. The service is friendly and average. They could use a better assortment of hot meals and more sandwich selections. Very basic, but fresh food.

Visited July 2014

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Irish comfort , atmosphere and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Dinner after a show, luckily I had used there website to make reservations so our table was ready 10 minutes earlier then expected. The menu offers a wide variety of traditional Irish favorites and additional options. Started with my black and tan a pub favorite. We all choose different meals, my husband enjoyed the Sheppard's pie; nice combo of meat and potatoes. My son in law choice the prime rib , he smiled all the way and had brussel sprouts too!. My Aunt choose the pork loin with apricot which was tender and tasty. I had the roisterer turkey which moist and tender , my son choose the burger which was cooked to the perfect medium rare. Since we were celebrating birthdays cake was what was needed to to end a nice dinner, Triple chocolate cake and the Creme Brulee were both a big hit, nice way to end the meal. We all enjoyed and would return. again. We never felt rushed so it was nice to relax after the show. I would highly recommend the online reservations if this is a choice for dinner,

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Burger and atomosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Burgers and freshly made fries were a hit. Cooked to perfection. Good attentive service. Plenty of seating to go around with two bars and dining rooms

Visited May 2014
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
“St. James Gate complementary meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Received this meal complementary from the Sands Casino. We were seated immediately. Limited selection for this meal but my wife and I both had the potato soup. I don't really care for soup much but this potato soup was sooo good! I was almost full from just the soup. My wife had the cod and was very happy with it. I had the prime rib with potato's and green beans. Prime rib was great as was the jus gravy. Potato's were very good. I did ask for butter, which I received quickly. Green beans tasted like they came from the garden. Our waitress, Ashley was fantastic. We never waited for anything. We were not rushed and the entire meal flowed perfectly. This is my second time here and it's been great both times.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lee, NJ
“No corned beef and cabbage? ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My friends and I went for a pre-show dinner. All of us were looking forward to a nice dish of corned beef and cabbage. It was 6 pm on Saturday and the waitress said there was none left!!! What? That early in the evening and they run out of one of their premier menu items and on Saturday night no less? The couple at the table next to us wanted the same dish and were also disappointed. We decided on the shepherd's pie which was okay but bland. My Guinness was very cold ... it should be served at warmer temp ... any good Irish pub would know that! This place was just okay.