“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Richmond, Virginia
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times for work and another with my girlfriend. The rooms are very good sized and always very clean. The beds are comfy and the linens don't feel cheap. The staff has always been very courteous as well. They have a pool but it is pretty small. As is the exercise room. The hotel restaurant is a bit lacking as well but the hotel is within a 5 minute walk of several decent to great places to eat. All and all a very good environment.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are even larger than regular rooms if you can get one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JMcDonald5501, Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Clean and comfortable is a review title we LOVE to see!! Thank you so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this review of your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
NJ USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hyatt Place, Bethlehem. Very pleasant experience. The desk staff were extremely courteous and very helpful, one of the reception staff "Matt" was very cordial, he told us where we could park our car, validated our parking ticket and repeatedly asked if there was anything else he could do. At one point he even doubled as bar tender and got some beverages from the bar for us. Perhaps all he did was part of his job, but he did it without hesitation or complaint, a refreshing change in what I sometimes have to deal with in hotels!
Good Job Hyatt Place Bethlehem and Matt!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt is a great employee and strives to make every guests stay memorable! Thank you for recognizing him; he is a very hard working, dedicated employee. We appreciate the time you've spent in writing this review and have shared it with our entire team. We hope to see you again in the future!
Massena, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

stayed here for 2 days
the rooms are beautiful
large and comfotable
pool area is great for the kids
friendly staff
nice large breakfast area
very clean
recomend staying here
nice having indoor parking

• Stayed August 2013
Your review was perfect! We love to hear such positive feedback of our staff and our property. Thank you so much for the review, and we hope to see you again soon!
Toms River, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family recently stayed at the hotel while on a trip to Dorney amusement park. We got a package which included the room plus tickets to Dorney, which was reasonably priced. There are nice restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel. The breakfast at the hotel was reasonably good. The staff at the front desk and breakfast area were very nice. The room was a small suite and was very nice. The reason I did not give the hotel an excellent rating is as follows: the first night when I got into bed there was a stylus pen(like one would use for an iPad) under the sheets. The maids do not use tablet devices. Where this came from and why it was in my bed is a mystery to me. I have never found an "item" in my bed when staying in a hotel before. Also when we left our room the temperature was set at 75 degrees; it was too cold in the room if set lower. However when we returned to the room in the evening, 2 days in a row, the thermostat was set to 65 degrees. The room was like an ice box. When I spoke to someone at the front desk, they said the maids may turn down the temperature when cleaning the room????

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We have made our housekeeping team aware of the temperature change in your room and have shared your review with the housekeeping department. It's very important that they temperature you left the room is the temperature you would like to come back to. Thank you for letting us know, and thank you so much for this review! We hope to see you again soon!
durham, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed there for an extended WE. The rooms are large, comfortable and cozy. The staff is welcoming and generous with their time. Location is perfect, right in downtown. The 24/7 kitchen and free breakfast is a nice addition, free parking across the street. Reaching the hotel by phone is a challenge... so press 3 reservation ,because zero, the operator leads you back to the automated system... Will stay again.

Room Tip: Upper floors may have a great view, but all are quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Our staff is very welcoming and inviting! They are genuine, happy people who are excited to be your ambassadors of Bethlehem while you relax with us. Thank you so much for writing this review, and please come back again!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 3 nights during an unexpected local power outage. We were lucky to even get booked since they initially told us everything was booked, but we kept refreshing the page (camped out at the Lehigh Valley Mall, one of the few places with power) and found an opening. We booked immediately, but not before noticing a significant price increase.

We had no idea how long the outage was going to last, but with estimations around a full week, we decided on 3 nights, assuming electricity would be restored by then. Well, it turns out that we got our power back that very night, after having unpacked our stuff in the room, which itself was very nice and clean. We had a pretty ugly view of the parking lot, but the interior was great.

The breakfast was pretty good too with an assortment of bread, fruit, cereal, and even some hot breakfast sandwiches.

However, we tried to speak to the front desk several times that night about canceling the next two nights of our reservation since our power was back. They refused to refund us even though we told them we booked this in an emergency situation. So we were essentially forced to stay the entire duration and it cost over $400 for the 3 nights. As nice as the place was and even with its good amenities and decent location, I wouldn't recommend staying here under emergency situations or you're likely to be taken advantage of.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry for the way your situation was handled during your stay here for a power outage. Unfortunately, if you book through a third party hotel there are no cancellations or refunds. This is how you receive a discounted price, but you also are paying in advance. If the circumstances were different we would have loved to help you the best we could! We're in the business of helping people, and strive for excellence in that area. Again, I apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience this may have caused you. Hopefully there won't be any long power outages again this year! Thank you for your feedback and your review.
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed for literally less then 8 hours while visiting Lehigh University. I called prior to making our reservation to make sure they could accommodate a late check in (1am). I was assured this would be no problem. My name was taken to flag my reservation when it showed up. When we arrived around 1am the front desk was so welcoming and quick to get us checking into our room. The room was absolutely HUGE and I was really sad that we were going to be checking out in the morning. Everything was spotless, and the beds were heavenly!! Having driven I was starving and was thrilled to see room service was 24hrs! Anyone that will make me nachos at 1:30am is tops in my book (and they were really good too)! We went downstairs so my son could get a hot breakfast in the morning. I had a wonderful vanilla latte. I asked to speak with the manager on duty to express my gratitude for the service. Ms. Maiatico remembered speaking with me on the phone over a week prior and flagging my reservation! She was just as wonderful as everyone else, and offered me her card. I highly recommend the Hyatt Place to anyone visiting Lehigh or the Bethlehem area!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
You were even able to meet our General Manager, Denise! That's great! Our hotel owes our wonderful customer service attitude to her dedication and loyalty to her staff. We couldn't do it without her! Thank you so much for recognizing Denise, as well as the rest of our staff on the wonderful customer service you received during your stay. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Hyatt Place Bethlehem? Share your experiences!