“Very Nice, New Hotel Near Sands Casino” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Bethlehem
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice, New Hotel Near Sands Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night in July 2013. The hubby wanted to play at Sands Casino, and me and the kids wanted to go to the Crayola Factory and watch fireworks. We were going to book a room at the Sands, but it was a little noisy the last time we stayed there. So, we tried the Hyatt Place in Bethlehem.

PROS:
**Front desk staff was very friendly. They accommodated all of our needs.
**Easy check-in.
**The room was a little larger than a standard room. It included 2 queen beds, plus a couch with a pull-out bed, a fridge, desk, and bathroom with tub.
**Quiet hotel. We didn't hear a peep from our neighbors all night.
**Hotel pool is small, but adequate.
**Fitness room includes 2 treadmills, an elliptical and stationary bike, plus free weights.
**There is a public parking garage across the street from the hotel. You will have to park in the garage, and then get your ticket validated at the hotel front desk. The hotel will cover the charges, so you will not have to pay.
**Free breakfast in the morning includes eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, juice, coffee, bagels, toast, muffins, fresh fruit and yogurt. The breakfast is just OK. It's free, so I can't complain. Breakfast is served 6:30am - 9:00am.
**There is a very tiny bar next to the front desk that serves drinks at night.
**Hotel is less than a mile away from Sands Casino. You can have the hotel shuttle drop you off and pick you up from Sands Casino. However, the shuttle does not run 24 hours, so be sure to check the hours prior to leaving the hotel.
**Hotel is 10-15 minutes minutes from Crayola Factory. Lots of fun for 3-8 year olds.
**Hotel is just 2 blocks away from the main street in Bethlehem (lots of restaurants and shopping).
**Hotel is 10 minutes to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom.
**Hotel is 10-15 minutes to the DaVinci Science Center. Great fun for kids.

CONS:
**During our stay, there appeared to be a towel shortage. After we got out of the pool, we realized there weren't any towels in the cabinets in the pool area. I called the front desk, and they arrived within 5 minutes, with 3 towels. We used all 3 towels, and again there weren't any towels left for anyone else to use.
**There was a shortage of plates at breakfast. Breakfast is served 6:30am - 9:00am. We arrived at 7:30am, and there weren't any plates left. We waited and waited, but never received any plates. We ended up using napkins as plates, which wasn't ideal.

Overall, this hotel is a great alternative to the Sands Casino Hotel. The room was spacious, and the hotel staff was great. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JMcDonald5501, Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review of our Hyatt Place hotel. On behalf of our entire staff we would like to sincerely thank you for the kind words and list of pro's that you have described during your stay. We have reviewed the con's you have listed with our breakfast and AM staff in hopes that we do not run into any of these issues again. Your feedback is so important to us and without it we would not know what to correct and or what to keep the same. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Got to admit, had my doubts when I first booked, however, this hotel turned out to be a diamond in the rough.
Great Hotel, as far as location, cleanliness and service. Walking distance to downtown, and many good restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A diamond in the rough is exactly what we like to hear! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here at our Hyatt Place hotel and hope that you come back again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. Every time we go into Bethlehem we try to stay here. Unfortunately, it is getting so popular that it books up so quickly now that you can't reserve it short notice.
If you are going to Bethlehem this is an excellent choice. It is convenient to the center of town - walking distance. There is a shuttle to the casino and they have complimentary breakfast in the morning. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed February 2013
JMcDonald5501, Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
The word is out that the Hyatt Place hotel is here! You're right, make sure not to wait to make your hotel reservations because our guest's have found out about our great location, clean rooms and excellent service! Thank you so much for your review and we're so glad that you love our hotel. Hope to see you and your family again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love Hyatt Place properties. And this one is no exception. The hotel is literally 2 blocks from the main drag in Bethlehem and it's a safe, easy walk to food and shopping.
The town is quiet and really nice.
I usually love the free Hyatt Place breakfast, but Dortos right across the street was far too tempting and WOW, am I glad I ate there! Under $6 for an amazing breakfast at a true family diner.

I'll be back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Darto's is certianly a hidden gem, and we hope you were able to write a glowing review for them as well! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at our Hyatt Place hotel. Our breakfast is certainly great, but we also give credit where credit is due and Darto's was an excellent choice on your part! Our hotel is in a great location in downtown Bethlehem where there are restaurants and shopping everywhere. We are so glad you were able to experience the town and we hope to see you again soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Convenient complimentary parking across the street, nice sized room with 2 queen beds and a separate area with a large couch, desk, mini-fridge. It was almost a suite. (Even provided toothpaste with the amenities). A block from Main Street and many shops and restaurants. Even though it was downtown, it was quiet. Staff were very helpful and the breakfast was continental but they also had hot pancakes and eggs on an English muffin. They also had food for purchase for other times of the day.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Mary Ann for your kind review! We truly appreciate the feedback and are pleased that you are happy with our location in downtown Bethlehem! And you're right about our rooms- they are almost like mini suites! Every room here offers the same amenities and brings the comfort of home feel to your stay by providing a larger, more comfortable layout of a standard hotel room. We hope you return soon and enjoy Bethlehem and the Hyatt Place hotel again!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

upon arrival at about 9pm the reception was not manned. A person was there already waiting when I arrived and we waited easily another 10 minutes until a receptionist arrived!

By then we were 4 people waiting. After the first person was served I have been addressed with: What is your name buddy? And I was honestly thinking wt* is going on here? But it was late, I was tired and really not in the mood discussing with the guy about his way of addressing a person twice his age.

The room was nice, a little noisy because the main bus stop was on the other side of the street, but as said, I was tired....and hungry. So I went downstairs to get something to eat.
I decided I go for the natchos.So I walked to the reception, and suddenly 3 people were working there instead the zero when I arrived.... well that didnt help my experience because....

when I ordered the Nachos, I told the young lady (she wasnt really very friendly btw) that I would like to have the sour cream on the side. She countered me with, no problem, we are out of sour cream anyway....... which was a very interesting answer to my request. What she forgot to mention tough, was that they were also out of cheese.

So when I received the call about 15 minutes later that my food is ready, I carried a plate to my room that missed 2 mayor ingredients to my dish.

When I opened the package (the dish was folied over) and i realized there was no cheese on top I hoped I will find some when I dig deeper, but no such luck.

I was to tired and pissed at that point to complain. Breafast in the morning was decent, and the people at the breakfast service and reception were very very nice and helpful.

All in all a nice hotel, nice rooms all nice and clean, just service and food was sub standard.

Room Tip: book over certain pages where you can name your price, look for the best deal without bidding and yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely apologize for the lack in service that you experienced in the evening at our hotel. There is no excuse for no cheese on your nachos, especially when you expect it and pay for it. We have shared this review individually with all of our Gallery Host's and have explained to them the importance of making sure they follow the exact recipe cards to ensure guest satisfaction. We completely understand the frustration you must have felt when you went to your room and you were expecting the cheese to be on your nachos and were left with none. It's a disappointing experience and can really change the feel of your entire hotel stay. Again we offer our sincerest apologies and have shared this review in hopes that this does not happen again.

Hyatt Place hotel Gallery Host employees (front desk employees) do not just work the front desk. They cook the 24/7 food, they bartend, they are Starbucks baristas and they are responsible for delivering items to rooms upon request. It can be an extremely challenging job, and if you are not a frequent Hyatt Place guest it can appear as if no one is at the Gallery Host Stand. I assure you they are multitasking as quickly as they can and try their hardest to make sure no guest's have to wait at the Gallery Host Stand for any amount of time. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter and hope that next time you visit the Hyatt Place Bethlehem there will be no wait, and lots of cheese for you!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Its good to have a new hotel in Bethlehem, the choice was a bit lacking before. The room was a good size, modern and well furnished but the a/c system was very loud, with the unit located right next to the bed. It felt a bit like sleeping on an a plane. Service was efficient and friendly and overall this hotel is good value for the price charged.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We apologize for the noise that was being generated by your Heat and Air Conditioning unit. We have shared your review with our engineering department and they are actively checking every room in the hotel to make sure that does not happen again. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and we're glad Bethlehem chose Hyatt Place for the area too!

Been to Hyatt Place Bethlehem? Share your experiences!