“Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Bethlehem
New York City, New York
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I was very happy w/ the courtyard, everything was lovely. The front desk was friendly & helpful. We had a problem w/ the lock on our door & someone came & fixed it w/ no problems. The room was very clean & just really great. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

If you want to go lay around on a comfortable bed and watch TV for a weekend, you couldn't do better. The room was very clean and extremely comfortable. The TV was gorgeous, if you're into that. Not too many channels, however, but the HBO HD was superb. The pay-per-view offerings were tempting, but much too expensive. The bathroom was wonderful with great water pressure and plenty of hot water (the towels are not luxurious, however). Very quiet place. There was some highway noise, but it was not at all intrusive. The WiFi worked perfectly. Check-in took about 1 minute. I didn't partake of the breakfast, so I don't know how that was. The exercise room was small, but very nice (and clean). Keep up the great work, people! You're doing a great job. One minor quibble--there was a bit of litter in the parking lot (fast food wrappers, cigarette butts, etc.)

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Queens, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

We wanted to make a visit to the new Sands Casino in Bethlehem more than just a day trip, so we booked a room at the Bethlehem Courtyard by Marriott. There are several Courtyards in this area and we chose this one for proximity to the Sands and because it was the newest. Since we are used to staying at casino hotels with all the amenities, we did not have very high expectations, but we were pleasantly surprised.

The grounds were immaculate as was the room with the exception of a stain on the maroon covering of the bed which we remove prior to sleeping anyway. Beds were really comfy. Bathroom was roomy and the décor of the room was very light and cheerful, complete with a pretty large flat screen TV. There is plenty of lighting in the room as well. We did not have breakfast there, but noticed that there is breakfast served off the lobby every morning. The lobby was colorfully decorated with an extra touch of a telescope to view the stars at night. Also in the lobby was a row of computers where you can get free internet access—a real plus. Kids seem to enjoy the indoor pool area with hot tub. The equipment in the fitness center was in tip top condition and each piece of equipment had a TV screen. Towels were supplied in both the pool area and fitness center so you don’t have to bring them from your room.

During our stay, we communicated with 3 different employees in the lobby and all were very pleasant and helpful. Although there is no restaurant on the premises for lunch and dinner, there is a Ruby Tuesdays within a few steps walking distance. If you plan on staying in this area, you can’t go wrong with this Courtyard. We only wish there was more for us to see in this area of Pennsylvania so we could have stayed longer at this hotel. When the Sands entertainment complex is completed, we would definitely return to stay here again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley / I-78, responded to this review, October 20, 2009
thank you for your kind words, we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again and hope "Lady Luck" was with you during your casino visit.
With Hospitality
Falls Church, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

Found this place by accident off the highway and stayed for one night; place looks brand new, rooms are beautifuly decorated, beds are very comfortable, large flat screen TV, attractive lobby, close to a large shopping center -- great place for a short stay! Only downside - mediocre breakfast buffet was kind of pricy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley / I-78, responded to this review, August 4, 2009
I am so pleased that you and your family stumbled across our hotel and
that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that next time your travels bring
you to the Lehigh Valley you will check-in and check-out some of the new
breakfast offerings we are working on.
Thank you for your comments. Have a safe and happy Summer !
With hospitality,
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

There are a lot of older properties in the Easton area -really old- so we were relieved to find the new, clean Courtyard Bethlehem. The design is similar to all the new Courtyards, great lobby seating area with plenty of comfy chairs, flatscreen tv's, pc's with free internet, and a bar. It would have been nice if there was a small bistro for food and snacks, like other Courtyards have, and if the bar was open on Sundays (only open M-Sat).

Rooms were very clean, you could smell the new paint and carpeting, and the bathrooms were spacious, well-lit, and came with plenty of towels and toiletries. Beds were very comfy and we didn't have any noise or thin-wall issues. There is a great work area/desk with really good ports and plugs for all your chargeable gadgets. Also, plenty of free parking and the property was easily accessible from I-78, with an Applebee's in the parking lot and a large big box shopping center with more restaurants less than 5 minutes up the road.

In all, this is our hotel of choice now for the area and we would highly recommend to anyone looking for a new, clean, and convenient hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley / I-78, responded to this review, June 11, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your kind comments - just one correction, the restaurant in our parking lot is a Ruby Tuesday's - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.
Keep traveling!
With hospitality,
Kennebunkport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

My daughter and I stumbled into the Courtyard on a freezing night in January, after a horrific 8 hours in the car. We had come to Easton from Maine for my uncle's funeral. We were going to crash on the floor of a relative, but when we finally rolled into town I was very happy to see a big, bright, inviting hotel. I decided to stop and ask for a room.

The girl at the front desk was extremely pleasant, and quickly set us up in a standard room with a king bed. I think I paid $139 for a night. Not too bad, I guess. It beat an air mattress on a rec room floor by a long shot, that's for sure. The room was quite small, but had enough room for the bed, an armoire, big desk, coffee table, fridge/bar, and even a small sofa that folded out to a twin size bed. We slept VERY well. Bed was quite comfortable. My daughter's stuffed animals slept well also.

Giant mirror, nice size bathroom, but no closet anywhere. The armoire barely held the few things I had on hangers (funeral attire, dress coats). Someone staying longer would be frustrated with the lack of clothing storage space. Saw a little dust around but all in all was quite clean. A few scuff marks on the furniture here and there. Very stylish decor.

We didn't get to swim, but checked out the fitness/indoor pool area. Pool is TINY but clean. Plenty of towels. Hot tub was inviting. Fitness room was small, but the 1 person using it seemed happy. Had a TV to watch while working out.

Everything still looks sparkling brand new. Lobby, breakfast, seating area was very nice. A VERY stylish, tony-looking bar & lounge a with huge, inviting fire place and several large, comfy sofas...a nice place to have a drink with a friend, really. I would have liked to have done just that but it wasn't that kind of trip. It's a shame no one was there all night. We had to go out and back in again several times, and always the place was dead. The bartender gave up and sat down to watch TV.

Lots of yummy stuff for breakfast.. A smiling, jovial chef will make any kind of omelet you want. Waitress was SO nice. It's nice to wake up to pleasant service. If you're having just cereal it's a dollar or two, but for my daughter to have a waffle (you make it yourself in the iron) it was like $15! Oh well. They had a LOT to choose from - even the pickiest eater should go away full.

I liked the location because it was very close to my aunt's house, and right across the street from the entrance to 78 East & West. There is a shopping area next door with a Pier 1, a Lowe's, Best Buy (or was it Circuit City?), I think a Barnes & Noble, and 1 or 2 chain restaurants (sorry I don't remember which ones). Kind of strange though, because all this is right smack in the middle of a cornfield! After you exit the shopping complex, there is literally NOTHING around. I had to ask where I could find a gas station.

All in all I was happy and yes, I would stay there again. A nice clean, safe, comfortable hotel with a pleasant and helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
HotelManagerMJ, Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley / I-78, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I'm sorry you came to Easton for a dispirited family gathering, but sincerely hope you will return soon for a more joyous occasion that gives you time to enjoy the pool and gather some friends and family to keep our bartenders busy.

With Hospitality,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Stayed here just for one night before Election day. It was moderately comfortable. The walls were thin, and the price was a little steep, but it was fine. If you are staying longer, go to the Residence Inn. The beds were comfortable, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley / I-78? Share your experiences!