“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Bethlehem
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost 2 weeks. It's is clean, relative new and very close to the Saint Luke's Anderson Cancer Center. The shower and A/C worked fine. Breakfast is not included, but for 10 dollars you can have one with eggs and bacon included. Parking lot is free, internet worked and there is complimentary coffee. Laundry if available also.
Rube Thursday restaurant if very close (walking distance) and there is also a relative close shopping with some stores like Best Buy and restaurants. (got to use a car)
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
Don't try to use public transportation in this area, it won't work. Rent a car, they have a Hertz kiosk inside the hotel.

Ah, there isn't safe deposit in the rooms, only in the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardBethlehem, Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley / I-78, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
It was such a pleasure having you stay at our hotel - I'm pleased you took advantage of the Hertz rental car location in our hotel. The best way to explore our area is by car.
We hope you will visit with us again soon.
With hospitality, Denise Maiatico Area Manager

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ft Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've been staying here a few nights out of a 11 night stay and I'm pretty happy. The breakfast is good and not too crowded (which translates to attentive wait staff). When I arrived to my room, everything looked clean with the exception of two areas, which I always check. The couch wasn't as clean as I would have liked and the pictures were a bit dusty. Not a deal breaker, I just wish more hotel staff paid attention to the details.
The highway noise could be an issue for some light sleepers (if so ask for a low number - away from the road)

Room Tip: Low numbers are further away from highway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback - I have shared your comments with our service team in an effort to assure we are paying attention to details like those you have mentioned. We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit with us again soon.
Travel safely. With hospitality, Denise Maiatico Area Manager
Cranford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've stayed in many Courtyards and this one wasn't really up to par in comparison to most. Our room was fine but I noticed the furnishings in the lobby were dirty and worn. They could use replacing. Housekeeping never made up our room. We ventured out to Musikfest and when we returned (late at night) the room was exactly as we'd left it. And I know this isn't the hotel's fault but the people above us were incredibly loud. Stomping on the floor at all hours of the day and night - loud enough to wake me up. We called the front desk to ask them to keep it down but I don't think it did any good. Overall it was an ok stay but I've stayed in better Courtyards!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for the disruptions during your stay and wish we could have done more to assure you had a great night's sleep. I do hope you will consider giving us another try if your travels bring you to Bethlehem again.
Denise Maiatico Area Manager
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice location. Hotel is 5 years old, but still looks new. Very comfortable foam mattresses. We had 3 parties, in 3 rooms, on 2 credit cards, arriving at different times, and the staff kept it all straight! Close to restaurants. We recommend Williams Restaurant in Easton. Note: Breakfast was not included.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments - We are blessed to be surrounded by great restaurants. I'm glad you were able to seek out some unique local favorites and experience them during your time in Bethlehem. We hope you will visit with us again soon.
Denise Maiatico Area Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Although i just stayed here for one night with family, but we are enjoyed it and highly recommend it to others. The room is nice and the beds are comfortable and clean. The stuffs are friendly, and helpful. They provided us first hand information about the local area. The hotel location was good, close to I-78, and a shopping center is next to it. You always can do shopping there, or enjoy a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse, or at Panera Bread for a nice lunch/brunch. If you are plan to go to Dorney Park, you may have to drive about 20 minutes from the hotel. However, Our overall experience is excellent. We enjoyed it and will return here for the next visit in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardBethlehem, General Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley / I-78, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments - Summer family road trips are one of the best things about July and August. I'm glad that you chose our hotel as part of your vacation itinerary.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again soon.
Happy Travels.
Montgomery Village, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Even the very ample parking lots looked clean and new. There is an attractive lobby area with reservation desk people who are both attentive and knowledgably. It has a great location, with Interstate 78 close by, which is great for East & West travel and I-87 a short distance away for North & South destinations. Pillows and mattresses are comfy and new. There are some satisfactory restaurants in the vicinity, like Ruby Tuesday, and I like Panera for breakfast.
One serious complaint, I found black mold on my shower curtain, and I think that is inexcusable. Tell the household staff to get some Lysol or Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover Spray to clean tubs, showers, and shower curtains. Yes, this made me angry and I did complain to the front desk at checkout. Except for the shower curtain, everything was first quality and a good value overall

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for the condition of your shower curtain, you are right - this should have been immediately addressed and replaced. I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit with us again soon.
Enjoy your Summer travels.
with hospitality,
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have stayed numerous times at this hotel when visiting our son who is a student at Lehigh University. It is a little outside of Bethlehem, but certainly close enough and a bit welcome to be outside the city. It is a newer and clean hotel, with friendly and very helpful staff. I'm always picky about the bathrooms, and the rooms here have updated, very clean baths with nice amenities. The beds are very comfy and again, clean. Altogether a good value and we are staying there again--booked for graduation 2013!! The rates are fine--I guess it depends on how you book; we go directly through the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that we have been able to host your visits during your son's time at Lehigh University. Congratulations on his pending graduation - you must be very proud!
Enjoy your Summer.
Denise Maiatico

Been to Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley / I-78? Share your experiences!