“Nice hotel with convenient location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
central Pa.
“Nice hotel with convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel offers nice rooms and a pleasant and helpful staff at the front desk. We stayed here during the Christmas season last year and we were pleased with the accomodations during that visit as well. Tara took care of our special resquest for a quiet room and answered questions we had about the area. The breakfast is typical and is served in the bar area. The hotel property is clean and well maintained. Plenty of parking spaces available. Perkins restaurant is across the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We take pride in our hotel and the amenities we offer. We hope your next visit will be even better than the previous two times you stayed.

David Urban

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Another August stay at Comfort Suites for Musikfest 2013. Been staying here for last few years and would not consider staying anywhere else. Booked a year in advance and stayed in the room I requested. Smells so good, clean, great staff, sufficient breakfast, always have good experience staying here while in Bethlehem. It's right in the middle of South Side entertainment and North Side. Lots of restaurants in the area. Also beautiful Lehigh University Campus within walking distance. Appreciate everything this hotel offers....

Room Tip: Like higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much Margie for writing such a positive review even during one of our busiest times of the yaer. We love seeing repeat guests and hope to see you before next Musikfest.

syracuse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I read other reviews of this property and have to agree that the hotel was very clean and nice. I don't understand the reviews that say the staff was not great or the area was sketchy. The staff, on all three shifts I was there, was attentive and friendly and helpful. We stayed there to go to a concert at ArtsQuest down the street about a mile, and because of the previous reviews, I asked about area security. The desk staff said it was fine, but also offered to send the shuttle for us if needed. As it turned out, the street is a huge tree-lined avenue with boutiques and restaurants, and we were fine walking at 11:30 at night to go back to the hotel. There is a homeless shelter near the hotel, but I think it is a bit narrow minded to judge the area because of that. The only reservation I had was with the AC unit. I like to have the fan on all night as it masks other noises, but you could not have continuous fan with AC. Also, it was not working well, as I had it set on 68, but the room felt like 80. Should have taken the cue when I arrived and it was set on 63!
In all, if I was to visit here again I would stay here, but adjust the thermostat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing such a positive response about the SouthSide Bethlehem area. The staff and I love the area and are glad you feel the same way. Also please contact the front desk next time you have any issues as we may be able to resolve quickly. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss anything in further detail.

We appreciate having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

After reading some reviews I was nervous - it goes to show some can COMPLAIN about anything.

I never once felt concerned for our safety and the area is just fine with a Perkins, CVS and Dunkin' Donuts all in walking distance.

Well worth the price and would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our property. The staff and I thank you for sharing you experiences about the area. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Bethlehem.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Area was scary there was a homeless shelter on the corner with some questionable occupants. although the staff was nice, and hotel was clean. Room was large. AC didn't work too well had it set at 60 and it was still warm. Would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I purposely held on the the business card for this hotel so I would not forget to write a review for my stay in Bethlehem the end of February 2013. I live in Arizona but my grandparents (who mean the world to me) live in Sellersville. My grandfather had suddenly become ill and was sent to Bethlehem Hospital in ICU. Within a day I was on the next flight to sit by his side. Since the hospital was about an hour from their home I chose to get a room at the Comfort Suites based on some type of flyer I saw at the hospital that said they provided a shuttle to and from the hospital (free). I literally wanted to be with him all day all night with just somewhere to shower and lay my head for a few hours. If i remember correct they also provided a dinner and a breakfast.
I literally checked in the went to the hospital until about 11pm my first night. My 2nd day I was back at the hospital bright and early. I stayed there until nearly midnight, and the shuttle came to pick me up with no problems. My head hurt so much from crying all day and night. I went to the front desk counter, purchased some waters, and asked about purchasing some tylenol or anything for my intense headache (AND refused me trying to tip him) I dont recall if the hotel was out of supply or just didnt carry it but the young man at the desk offered me some of his advil. SO HELPFUL!
We talked about the shuttle for the next morning (shuttle is suppose to run on a schedule) but he told me when ever I wanted to go they would take me.
The next morning I checked out, the front desk held my bags for me so I could head back the hospital and someone came up front to shuttle me back to the hospital.
I have worked in a Five Star Resort in the past, and the helpfulness, the politeness, the way that everyone went above and beyond was Five Star Class in my book. That weekend was the very last time I would ever see my grandfather alive. But the my stay at Comfort Suites made that weekend a happy memory. Thank you

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Rude front desk staff. This is what you first encounter when calling the hotel...not a pleasant welcome. When checking in we were treated as if it was a problem we were at the hotel. After realizing there were no linens in the room the pullout couch we contacted the front desk and were told to come get them. When asking for an extra pillow the person at the front desk said, "No. There are four on the bed" When we reminded him that we were down there to get linens for the pullout couch he said he would bring a pillow down to our room. It is nearing midnight and still no pillow. Great customer service is what I would expect from this hotel based on past stays. Not a fun way to spend a birthday trip.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Comfort Suites University? Share your experiences!