“interesting layout” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Bethlehem
Los Angeles, California
“interesting layout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed one night in December. The layout of the property is a little interesting - the front desk/reception area is located in the center of the property, and the rooms/buildings radiate out and are separate from it. If its raining, cold, or snowing - it can be a challenge to walk to and from your room if you want to grab coffee, or the evening meal.

Kora was very nice in checking me in. The rooms are a little on the dated side- and probably due for a revamp, but it was clean. The residence inn is located in a busy area, right next to the interstate.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the interstate - there is noise during all hours of the night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear onebadgolfer,
I actually love the layout of our hotel. It gives my guests, and myself, the ability to go outside and get a breath of fresh air every now and then. I agree that the property was a little on the dated side, but just to let you know, we have just renovated our entire hotel! If you thought we were clean in December, you will be amazed at how clean we are now.

Room tip: if you are a light sleeper and have a room facing the highway, ask the front desk of a pair of ear plugs and/or a white noise maker

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mooresville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night on business and was disappointed. The rooms are in need of some renovation and some cleaning. The carpets are in sad shape. Replacement is needed, not only cleaning. Before I showered I had to clean the red scum off of the shower head. There were a few longer brown hairs on the sheets. I have blonde ao they definitely were not mine. These two items are completely unacceptable. The clientele is generally noisy - next to me had a number of men who were raucous and were bouncing (literally) off the walls. Pillows sounds like they are wrapped in stiff plastic which makes them crunch when you put your head on them or move at all. Generally disappointing.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear DSE1,

I apologize for the delayed response, but I feel compelled to respond to your recent Trip Advisor comments and update you with the status of our hotel. Since your last visit with us, we have undergone a massive renovation project. We are in the final stages of this project and are expected to be completed by early March. One of the major changes to our hotel is the brand new carpet throughout the entire property.

The red color in the shower head is not scum but actually it is our cleaning product. I have notified my cleaning staff to use less product and to clean these areas thoroughly. This has been a priority project for my team. If you have an issue with hair I urge you to contact the front desk and we will be happy to move you to another room. This is one of my pet peeves and I will continue to address this topic with my staff. I have looked into the sound that the pillow covers make and we have an initiative to replace all the pillows, pillow covers and pillow protectors throughout my hotel. Please contact me and I will be happy share our initiative with you.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Having stayed in this hotel for over 50 nights, the change to a new GM has been a dismall failure. While the Sandy hotel people had heat.
I checked in on the 26th and for 2 days there was NO heat. Finally I got heat and an apology from the Front Desk - it is the GM's job to supply heat to a room!!
Then Wednesday, there was NO housekeeping service.
And today, the housekeeper walked right past the BUSY sign on the door and came into the room...what a disaster.

No, this inn used to be wonderful and I am glad the Sandy refugees were helped but for the frequent stay person, this hotel has gone downhill fast under a new GM!!

Room Tip: Make sure there is heat in the room before moving in....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear JAMDVM,

I believe my Chief Engineer and my Housekeeping Manager have spoken to you about your recent issues. If you still feel that your concerns have not been heard and addressed, I welcome you to speak with me personally as my office door is always open. Please call me at 610-317-2662 so we can set a time to discuss.

hellertown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here during Hurricane ASandy when our power was out. It was wonderful to have heat and a hot shower. It was also movie night, so they served hot dogs and popcorn while showing a movie. The only negative was that I had requested a let check out as a Marriott member, and they declined.

Room Tip: Hotel s right on rt22 which can be noisy...check out your room if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear kate040,
I love movie nights here at the Residence Inn! It’s an interactive activity which brings children and families staying at the hotel together. We cater to the extended stay guests and we are always thinking of ways to improve on the long term visits.

We try to accommodate all of our guest’s requests and I feel horrible that we were unable to deliver on your expectations during the Hurricane. But I welcome you to visit my hotel in the near future and ask for Eugene. I’ll make it right.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed for three nights during Hurricane Sandy. Staff were friendly and accomodating. 2 bedroom suite (# 137) was fine but showed its age. Refrigerator made a constant rattling noise. No wifi in the room, only in the lobby. Couldn't use my iPad in the room. Breakfast was good and varied. Hotel is in need of a makeover.

Room Tip: Bring an ethernet cable if you are planning to use your laptop in the room. The ethernet cable in t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear IrLz17,

I am grateful that we were able to accommodate you during Super Storm Sandy. This was definitely a difficult time for most of us. My primary goal, during the storm, was to provide hotel accommodations to as many families as possible.

The hotel was prepared for the storm as we have hired additional help to assist with the upkeep of the hotel. Laura Plentus is my Operations Manager who oversees the Housekeeping Department and she embraces Marriott’s standards and ensures that our guests will be staying in a clean room.

The hotel does in fact have wifi in the lobby. But we also have wireless routers and additional Ethernet cables at the front desk available at no cost to our guests. We are working tirelessly to ensure our guests receive the best value for their stay. I would like to welcome you back to our hotel as there are new plans for this hotel in the near future. Feel free to contact me for further details.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed overnight at the Residence Inn in Bethlehem, PA for a business trip. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Overall the hotel was clean, rooms were spacious and the staff were so helpful, friendly and efficient. Parking was easy and overall as a business traveler, very convenient-which is key. I also loved the complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear ELNY575,

I would like to thank you for taking the time in completing a TripAdvisor survey. These comments go along way and we appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area, I would like to welcome you to our evening social; which are held every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30pm-7:00pm. Please contact the hotel for further details.

As our heart goes out to all the families who were affected by Hurricane Sandy, I welcome you to contact the hotel should any of your family/friends require housing assistance during this tragic event.

Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night while away on business. I’m not really sure about the comments from other reviewers, but I had a pleasant stay. Granted, the décor could be updated, but overall, there were no problems. I stayed in the one bedroom suite, which had a separate room to sleep in. The room was very comfortable and clean, although there were a few stains on the furniture. I didn’t notice much noise from other rooms nearby. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions. The breakfast was a pretty decent spread. I’d stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear cronos356,

I would like to thank you for your recent comment to TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure hearing from our guests when they have enjoyed their stay with us. I welcome you to contact me at the hotel so I can address the stain issue that you have had in one of our rooms. We have recently reviewed all of our housekeeping products and I would love to try out a new stain remover product we have just received. We thank you for your patronage and we hope that you and your family is doing well during the storm.

Eugene Lee

Been to Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem? Share your experiences!