“wonderful atmosphere and delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Route 209, Bushkill, PA 18324
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 9 restaurants in Bushkill
Bloomingdale NJ
“wonderful atmosphere and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2007

Warm, quaint and delightful. From the food to the friendly staff. We enjoyed our night out and our fine art feast for the eyes, included with our meal. Who wouldn't love fine italian food in a gallery atmosphere. We will include Mamma Bella's on every visit to the poconos.

20% Recommend
A TripAdvisor Member
“The potential is there...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

My fiance & I stayed at the Fernwood Resort for over a week in July 2005. During the time that we were there, we ate at Mama Bella's two times. The first time that we ate there was on the night that we arrived. The setting was beautiful. We even had a corner table placed near a rippling water sculpture. After a lovely Caesar salad was served, I feasted on the Italian version of surf & turf. It was a filet served over pasta with a garlic shrimp sauce. It was wonderful!!! My dinner was so pleasing that I wanted to return a second time. However, I should have kept the memories of the first time and gone somewhere else for the second meal.

The second time that we ate there, the waitress was clumsy and inept in her handling of her serving duties. In fact, she spilled a soda on me which caused us to have to change tables. She failed to check in on us to see how we were doing. She also failed to return with the items that we had requested. On top of that, my food was not good. I had pasta with vodka sauce which was particularly bland. The dessert, which I was too stuffed to eat the 1st time, was not good. It was a chocolate dish that I didn't even finish.

Overall, I think that Mama Bella's has potential. Just make sure that you get the right waiter.