“Pretty waterfall and nice hike” 4 of 5 stars

Activities: Viewing wildlife, Hiking
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bushkill Falls, a series of eight cascading waterfalls, is one of the state’s most popular outdoor destinations. Nestled in the Pocono Mountains, the Falls – known as the Niagara of Pennsylvania –are a favorite of hikers, fishermen, birdwatchers and all those who treasure the nature’s beauty.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Castro Valley, California
99 attraction reviews
“Pretty waterfall and nice hike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

This is a lovely spot. There are 3 major waterfalls in this park. There are four major trails, green, yellow, red and blue. Don't be put off by the warnings that "hikers" should only consider the red and blue trails. My husband and I were hiking with our 7 year old daughter, and she did just fine. There are 1267 stairs with some elevation change, so do make sure to wear sturdy shoes.
We spent about 2-and-a-half hours hiking the green, yellow and red trails.

Newark, Delaware
“Nice outing for nature lovers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I read a lot of reviews before going there yeaterday and my observations remain very similar to most of the reviews I read. I reached there around 1PM and had 20 min of very slow traffic as I reached to the falls. Though the temperature was hot outside, (33 C) but it did not feel very hot inside. We talked a lot on what trail to take but in my opinion, RED trail is worth taking because if you only see main fall by green or yellow trail then your long drive and $10 fees is not worth. So I recommend to take RED trail except you are very old and have difficulty walking a couple of miles. Also carry good amount of water, you will need that. Like others said, take counter clock wise trip, i.e., reach to main falls in the last. The journey is good if it ends good. Finally, you can also add some cooking and eating kind of picknic to this trip and you have extra fun. I was people using grill and cooking stuff. Have fun!!

new york
86 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

First of all I should mention that we went on a weekday, early in the day and during a time when most children were in school. So having the walkways and trails uncrowded was a big plus for us. The "touristy" things were not open (ok by me), and there was lots of water on the falls. We did every trail, there were signs telling people to turn back if the trails were rough. Many of the walkways and bridges looked new and my 10 year old and I had a lot of fun climbing and crossing bridges and walkways. While some of the falls are not that big, they were very pretty and we had a great time. $10 for an adult, my ten year old was $6, I felt we had our money's worth, again because it was not crowded. We packed a lunch and there are nice spots with picnic tables outside of the falls area. Walking and climbing can be difficult, my family hikes alot and it was tiring in spots. We just slowed down and took our time. But for people not used to walking over rocks, it will be difficult. I saw one family try to bring a large stroller, even though it was not recommended. This is not a place for strollers or very small children. I would not bring a toddler, but 6-7 year olds at the youngest ok. Some trails have high bridges over the gorge. Be aware, we came from 209 North (from Dingman's Falls. which are pretty and take only about 20 min. to see and they are free) and saw no signs for Bushkill and missed the turn-off. The road to the falls is under construction and down to one lane in spots. 209 had signs advertising construction this summer so the area may be hard to travel.

Laurel, Maryland
25 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

We weren't sure we'd be pleased with this visit as there are many free waterfalls in the area and this was private property that charged admission. We were so pleased when we saw what they'd done to make our visit truly fantastic. There were boardwalks and stairs giving us access to views we'd be unable to reach otherwise as the main falls is in a gorge and there were other sites there that would be hard to reach without the stairs. These were well maintained and safe to use. There are a total of eight falls on the property and a high area with a view towards the Delaware River. By combining all of the four trails, we were able to see everything there. We spent four hours and felt we got more than we'd paid for. The snack bar as we left didn't offer much, but after all the walking and several thousand steps up and down, the hot dogs were appreciated. While there are other attractions on site (paddle boats, ice cream shop, etc.) they were not yet open in early April.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
“lovely view, nice place for a leisure walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

Overall a nice place to visit. One can easily spend half a day here to enjoy the beauty and take some pics.

All the trails are easy to follow, lots of signs, plenty of rest stops along the way.

Tips:
1. go there during week days to avoid traffic
2. go there early in the morning (9-9.30 ish); you can have the entire park for yourself since nobody is around
3. use water-proof light jacket with hood
4. bring water and snack bar (if you think you need energy along the way)
5. use comfortable (or hiking) shoes. some parts of the steps can be very slippery