“Typical Family Weekend in the Poconos” 3 of 5 stars

You added Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway to your Saves list
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Route 209, PO Box 163, Bushkill, PA 18324   |
New York
“Typical Family Weekend in the Poconos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

After reading all of the reviews on tripadvisor, we were skeptical and worried that we had made a horrible decision. We were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival. We stayed in Unit 3813(A) and (B) which was a three bedroom unit and a studio unit. Our party included 6 adults and 3 children. We were very impressed with the size of the unit (especially the master bedroom in 3813(A)) and loved the sauna in the master bathroom. The unit was clean but the furniture and carpets were very old and worn and stained from normal wear and tear (same with paint and wallpaper). I do agree with some other posters that this place has enormous potential if the owners were to put some money into some unit upgrades. We did not have any problems with bugs or mice despite the fact that we left plenty of food on the counters which they could have feasted on. The only amenity we used was the indoor pool, which was clean, but the water termperature was too cold for the adults (although the children did not seem to mind). The last day we were there, the upstairs bathrooms did not have hot water, but we were leaving in the morning, so we just all showered in the bathroom for the studio---this could have been a problem if we were staying longer. Honestly, it is the Poconos -- we weren't looking for a five star resort --the point to our weekend was to hang out as a family and celebrate our parents 40th wedding anniversary...the living room, dining area and kitchen were the perfect place for us to do this.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. It is always wonderful to hear positive feedback about our resort. It made me happy to hear that your parent’s’ 40th anniversary celebration was a success and I would like to congratulate them.

In your review you mentioned that there was normal wear and tear on the wallpaper and carpet and we would like you to know that we are constantly refurbishing our units. We took note of this review and I have notified the Quality Assurance Team to do an inspection of this unit. I have also passed the pool comment on to the Recreation Director.

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to give our resort a review and let you know that it is appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future on your next family getaway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Although the unit, grounds and resort in general were clean, everything was old, worn, used, outdated and disappointing. They advertise wood burning fireplaces, but none are available. The electric fireplace just can't replace a wood burning fireplace.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I would like to start off by thanking you for filling out a review of our resort.

I was happy to see that our grounds crew and housekeeping department are continuing to do a great job at keeping our resort beautiful.

You stated that you saw an advertisement for wood burning fireplaces however, I regret to inform you that they have been obsolete at our resort since the early 2000’s due to a fire hazard issue. We are curious as to where you might have seen this information so that we could rectify the situation so that this inconvenience does not occur again. If you have a chance, please contact our resort to let us know.

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Started ok, then came the mice. Called maintenace they sent 2 glue traps, asked for more
they said they were locked up, and they didn't have the key. the next morning the glue trap
had moved from where it was placed. I wonder who did that. I won't take you thru the story, but I ended up going to CVS and buying mouse traps. I made at least 4 to 5 calls to maintenace. Went to speak to the manager, he was not in. I left my cell phone number at the front deskfor him. I have not heard from management YET. I left there a day early, I couldn't take the uninvited guest anymore. Could have been a great celebration. Villa at Fairway 3831

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I would like to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had at our resort. I have notified the maintenance department and expressed my concern as to why the traps were locked up. I was informed that steps would be taken so that this incident does not occur again. Our Independent Pest Control Company was also contacted to inspect the villa and treat it if necessary. The Villas at Treetops and Fairway prides it self on excellent guest service, which is why your particular review was so troubling.
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to fill out a review and bring this issue to our attention. We understand that you have many other resort options available to you but hope you will give us a chance to prove ourselves to you if you choose to return in the future
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Roaches in our unit I will never return nor considet buying a timeshare from your company...
Reported the issue nothing was done. Furniture very very old and chipped wallpaper peeling mold in bathroom i do not reccommend this place

• Stayed September 2012
First and foremost I would like to apologize for your stay being sub par. I would also like you to know that your complaint has been sent to our independent pest control provider and actions have been taken. The villas are all checked and treated on a regular basis to prevent inconveniences such as the one that you unfortunately endured.

Secondly, I would like to address the issues that you had in your villa. I have also notified our Quality Assurance Team do to an inspection of the villa that you stayed in and our Preventive Maintenance Team will address all issues found.

I would like to personally thank you for taking time to bring this to our attention and giving our resort a review.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I recently had a well-needed chance to relax at the Fernwood Resort in Bushkill, (Pocono Mountains), Pennsylvania. I must say that it was an incredible experience for me and my family. I am from Phoenix, Arizona, yes, the hot desert, and my direct observation was, OMG, how incredible the surroundings were around me; simply magnificent. The Villas were not only immaculate when we opened the front door, they were also generous in living space for our family. We had ample parking at all times, during our stay at Ferwood Resort. The amenities Frenwood Resort offered our family had all the bells and whistles for our individual needs, from children to the adults; fitness center, horseback riding, shopping Designer Outlets, Nature, children center, paintball, games, mini golf, indoor and outdoor swimming, Tennis Courts, canoeing, rafting, and most importantly, GOLF. I probably missed a few things. We simply had an incredible vacation at Fernwood Resort, and certainly we will comeback next year.
A big Thank You goes to the staff at Fernwood, who were polite and courteous to all of our needs. We highly recommend this delightful and alluring Resort. Kathleen Carano, Phoenix, AZ

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation and our location. We take great pride in offering exceptional service.

As you stated Fernwood Hotel and Resort and the Pocono area has much to offer everyone all within a short drive. Also, the Villas are a great place to sit back and relax. It is one of our goals that all of our guests are comfortable and enjoy themselves to the fullest.

We look forward to your next visit.
Northampton, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had a recent family outting at the Villas and found them to be very accomodating, clean and attractive. Would recommend a stay there to all my friends and family. The Villa was well equipped and beautifully decorated. The grounds are well maintained. The staff was curtious. All in all it was a great weekend

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
It always makes my day to hear that a family had a wonderful time at our resort. I am also very glad to hear that our housekeeping department and grounds crew are continuing to do a great job at keeping our resort beautiful.

The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway prides itself on excellent guest service and I am so happy that you enjoyed our staff. I would like to thank you for taking time to fill out a review on our resort.

We hope to see you again in the future so we can make your next vacation just as enjoyable as your last.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Arrived a day late as we'd had a wedding in NY so looks like we missed the busy checkin time. We've stayed a many timeshares over the past 11 years and this was not one of the better ones (although we did know that it wasn't a silver or gold star one). We had a unit (2 bedroom) in a lovely location with a beautiful view of the golf course. My biggest concern was the unit was not clean upon our arrival. There was numerous stains and "things" (threads, small pieces of paper and who knows what else on the carpeting. I pull up 1 of the blinds to let some light in and the window sill was covered w/dead bugs and dust. There was mold across the sill of the downstairs bathroom shower and a large (about the size of a big grapefruit) piece of wall paper turn off by the toilet paper holder.

On the 2nd level, there was a big (again about the size of a big graperfruit) gash/hole in the corner wall by the fireplace and it looked as if someone had somehow burnt a circle about the size of a trashcan in the kitchen linolium. The dishtowel (robin egg blue) in the kitchen had numerous brown stains on it and on and on and on.

There were some pluses....kitchen was well stocked and numerous towels in all 3 bathrooms. The beds were comfortable. The sofa and chair in the living room area seemed new and clean. It was very nice to have a washer and dryer.

We can only hope that new ownership will make the necessary improvements. As 1 reviewer said, it does have the potential to be a silver rated resort but much has to be done, especially w/the housekeeping staff who really are the "eyes" for the resort.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded unit.