“overpriced average food” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Toll Road Restaurant

Toll Road Restaurant
Rte. 190, Stovepipe Wells, Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park, CA 92328
760 786 2387
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Leicestershire, UK
“overpriced average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed here with family on a weekday.

The pros:
We were allowed to take food back to our room. This meant the adults could eat together while the infant slept in the room.

The average:
The food was distinctly unexciting.

The cons:
It was VERY overpriced for the quality and quantity of food.

Would I go there again: no, but then you don't have too much choice if you're staying in Stovepipe Wells. Better to bring a cold meal with you if you can.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

52% Recommend
Hemel Hempstead, UK
“Much better under new ownership”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I've eaten here a number of times when visiting Death Valley and until this time I can't say I've ever enjoyed the food.

This time around the new owners have brought in a Mexican inspired menu that I thought offered a lot of choice. I was in a party of 5 and we all had good quality meals.

I'm giving a five star rating because this improved menu has dismissed my one criticism of previous visits to Death Valley.

Visited April 2012
ny
“Adjacent bar serves same menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Both bar & restaurant had a local feel. We went there after sunset at the dunes for a lite supper and enjoyed everything we ordered.
Rest rooms were immaculate, always a good indication of the quality of a place,.

Visited April 2012
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Very Odd atmosphere and service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Dinner started late (6.30) so there were queues and a wait if you were at the end of the queue. Staff was not happy, gossiping amongst themselves and with other customers even though there were people to serve. We would never recommend this place to anyone despite that fact the food was good.
At the breakfast buffet the system was strange, after helping ourselves to breakfast we had to wait for the server to bring coffee and juice, by which time the meal was cold.
I wonder if there was a new manager who was trying a new way of doing things, ----unsuccessfully.
I would suggest theowners/managers visit the Wrangler buffet at Furnace Creek to see how it should be done.

We had dinner here 18th & 19th March - there was no choice for the second night. We had the buffet breakfast on 19th but as we were leaving the hotel on 20th went before breakfast and ate at the Wrangler Buffet at Furnace Creek.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We had lunch at the Saloon and dinner at the Restaurant. Almost the same menu and great food both times. I had the steak salad at lunch and my husband had the clubhouse sandwich. They were both wonderful. For dinner I had the tortilla soup and my husband had the chili. Both were excellent, but the chili I thought was the best I have ever had. (Check that you like the ingredients before ordering it's a little different) These were the best meals we had on our trip and we had good servers both times.

Visited March 2012