Well, if it's a different experience you're seeking - this is it folks! We had never stayed in such a quirky bare bones room and that includes the cheapest motels in Mexico. We saw Ghost Adventurers and wanted to experience what they did. While we didn't have any personal experiences, we did capture some very interesting photos with lots of orbs and one with a weird mist thing.
Tips: Bring some heavy duty air freshener because this place smells of sewage masked by industrial cleaner. Our windows didn't open so we couldn't let fresh air in. The motel was full and, in the morning, the smell was practically gone. This indicates that the sewage pipes could have been emptied by gray water and the smell washed away. We bought the last can of air freshener at the casino down the road about 6 miles and it really helped.
You must go to that casino to check out possibly the world's largest steer, housed in a pen right next to it. His name is Herman. This cow stands over 6 feet tall and weighs at least 3000 lbs. We couldn't believe our eyes!!
We paid 5 dollars a piece to go into the Opera House which was accessible at 9:00 am. Well worth it as the Opera House was awesome. The artwork in there is one of a kind by Marta. What an artist she is! If you don't know who Marta is, do your homework before you go and check out the history of this unique place.
This place isn't for the feint of heart. You need to man and woman up to stay here. It is old, spooky, in disrepair, and smells. Our king bed and even the roll away were really soft and comfortable - more so than just about any other place we have ever stayed.
The food at the cafe which was on grounds was pretty good and had really good prices. Services was a little slow but that was OK.
This was truly the stay of a lifetime. No place on earth is like it or ever will be. It is a non profit by the way. They can always use donations.
- Also Known As:
- Amargosa Opera House Hotel Death Valley Junction
- Amargosa Opera House Hotel
- Amargosa Opera House And Hotel
- Amargosa Opera Hotel
- Hotel Amargosa Opera
- Amargosa Opera House & Hotel Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park, CA
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Amargosa Opera House & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.