I'm so pleased we stayed here! Ok the rooms are basic and a bit tatty, but the air con and the shower works, and it's one of the most intriguing places we've stayed at. Built in the 1920s it became a famous opera house - do ask for a tour - it's amazing. The paintings and news cuttings about the place and the owner/performer, Marta Becket, make for fascinating reading. This is a really out of the way place that takes your imagined ideas about ghost towns into reality. The cafe next door is not often open but does a great breakfast! The next nearest places for dinner are mostly 30 miles away, apart from a casino 7 miles north, which does a basic menu. Wish we'd picked up some snacks en route and got an early night instead really. I did get up to see sunrise - well worth it. The eerie silence of the desert changes through pinks and yellows as the sun rises - a moving experience. We also saw sunset at Dante's View, an amazing view indeed.
- Also Known As:
- Amargosa Opera House Hotel Death Valley Junction
- Amargosa Opera House Hotel
- Amargosa Opera House And Hotel
- Amargosa Opera Hotel
- Hotel Amargosa Opera
- Amargosa Opera House & Hotel Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park, CA
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Amargosa Opera House & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.