“Unsatisfactory” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Amargosa Opera House Restuarant

Amargosa Opera House Restuarant
608 Death Valley Junction, Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park, CA 92328
+1 760-852-4441
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Henderson, Nevada, United States
“Unsatisfactory”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our server was nice but not efficient. I did not like my hamburger steak. It was a thin square piece of hamburger. I was hungry so I ate it, but it was not very good. Did not eat much of my soggy veggies. However, the jalapeno poppers was okay and the coconut cream pie.

Visited December 2012

Thrapston, United Kingdom
“A gem in the desert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stopped here for a drink and a snack. Fantastic homemade Gouda and pepper soup, lovely pie and fabulous service. The two members of staff were exceptionally pleasant and made us very welcome.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The only bright spot in Death Valley Junction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We happened into the cafe on a lark and found that it was well worth the time we spent to eat there. I had the DVJ burger and it was very tasty - my son had the biggest flapjack he'd ever seen in his life - all for a reasonable price.

I would give this place a rating of 5 except that my next visit wasn't so great. In fact, my next visit didn't occur at all because they closed the restaurant early! Apparently, they don't keep regular hours because of lack of business...but we were there on a Saturday night and you'd think they'd stay open for the weekend traffic. Don't go out of your way to eat here because you might find yourself very hungry and driving 7 miles to the north to the Longview Casino for your meal. But if you do pass through town and catch them when they're open - definitely stay for dinner...but don't stay the night! (see my review on the hotel)

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edina, Minnesota
“Stop for the Opera House tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We took a guided tour of the opera house which has absolutely stunning murals on the walls all done by one amazingly talented artist/dancer. Beautiful and unexpected.

Visited September 2012
Northern Arizona
“Live your dream...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The opera house itself was ok, interesting and all, but what I liked best was just the idea of it...the lady wanted to dance and made that happen. Simple. Inspiring in an offbeat way.

Visited August 2011