“The only bright spot in Death Valley Junction” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amargosa Opera House Restuarant - CLOSED

Amargosa Opera House Restuarant
608 Death Valley Junction, Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park, CA 92328
+1 760-852-4441
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The only bright spot in Death Valley Junction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We happened into the cafe on a lark and found that it was well worth the time we spent to eat there. I had the DVJ burger and it was very tasty - my son had the biggest flapjack he'd ever seen in his life - all for a reasonable price.

I would give this place a rating of 5 except that my next visit wasn't so great. In fact, my next visit didn't occur at all because they closed the restaurant early! Apparently, they don't keep regular hours because of lack of business...but we were there on a Saturday night and you'd think they'd stay open for the weekend traffic. Don't go out of your way to eat here because you might find yourself very hungry and driving 7 miles to the north to the Longview Casino for your meal. But if you do pass through town and catch them when they're open - definitely stay for dinner...but don't stay the night! (see my review on the hotel)

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank ncurry1968

Edina, Minnesota
“Stop for the Opera House tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We took a guided tour of the opera house which has absolutely stunning murals on the walls all done by one amazingly talented artist/dancer. Beautiful and unexpected.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank LKotsonas
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Live your dream...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The opera house itself was ok, interesting and all, but what I liked best was just the idea of it...the lady wanted to dance and made that happen. Simple. Inspiring in an offbeat way.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Mom_with_Teenagers14
Amboy, California
“Good Service and Food in the Desert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a small and quaint restaurant, with pretty decent food and very good and friendly service. They didn't have my first two choices on the menu; but it's understandable considering its remote location in the desert. I would certainly return here for a meal if I come back to the area.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank HarryHendo
Sherman Oaks, California, United States
“Best home cookin in Death Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were staying at Amargosa hotel and ventured over to there cafe. We were greeted by a very friendly hello from both the employees and were served promptly. The cafe is quaint and inviting and the breakfast we all had was perfectly cooked. It was the best cooked breakfast I have had in years. We will eat here every time we come out to visit our friends at the armagosa!

Great job guys!