“Rough” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Off road/All Terrain Vehicle Trails
Activities: Four-wheeling
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Desolate, adventurous seven mile low range climb located in Death Valley National Park. Runs from Saline Valley to Racetrack Plaza.
Nashville, Tennessee
15 attraction reviews
“Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

And tough. Hard to get to and a true test of man and machine. No small task. Way out in the middle of Hell and a lonely place to be broken down and alone. Take heed of warnings.

Visited September 2012

Poland
8 attraction reviews
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We traveled this road downhill at night 2 days after massive rainfall in late August. It was rather challenging. We used SUV Dodge Nitro that was not fit for such a road. The rain moved a lot of big rocks on the road and created deep rifts (up to 0.5m) not to mention ripped “roadside”. When we saw all of the damages it was too late to return as the SUV was not prepared for turning and climbing. We had to go down and it took us nearly 4 hours to cover 10 km distance. We had to build stone ramps, etc but it was the best part of our visit to USA. My recommendation is – rent good, high clearance 4x4 for this road as SUV may not be enough. We are rather experienced off-road drivers so we have done it with DODGE but on our way I was often calculating what would be a cost of this experience if the car is stack. Rain in Death Valley changes everything :)

Visited August 2012
Death Valley National Park, California
“Fantastic OHV Trail-Check out the link to the video”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

This is a great OHV trail with amazing views. Start at the Race track side if the trail to maximize your views. This trail is fondly refered to as a goat trail because it is a narrow shelf road and can have washouts during rainy weather. Passing is impossible in some sections of the road. That said it is a must do trail if you have high ground clearance and 4x4.

Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLU7LVyW7ZY

Pine Mountain Club
“Lippincott Mine Road.......from the bottom up!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

GREAT 4wd trail....."road" does not apply...but the climb is awesome. A must-do for anybody with a patient spotter and a desire to see the Racetrack, without a desire for a round-trip on Hunter Mtn Road. We did it in a new Jeep Rubicon with no issues.....only one challenging section of rocks; wish we would have known what was ahead after the rough-stuff as there was no relaxin' till we hit the "Caution-Danger-No Tow Service" sign at the top !!!! Do it, you'll be glad you did !!!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Lippincott by Chance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2002

I'd never heard of Lippincott Mine Road 'till about three nights ago...After a side trip to The Racetrack, I decided to exit Death Valley by continuing south. See, the map I had showed the exit as the "Ubehebe Road."
Confused by the discrepancy, I headed down in my Toyota Tundra.
While I didn't have any near-death experiences, the road is not for thr faint-of-heart, and not, not, not for those who know-not what they are about with a four-wheel-drive!
Someday I'm going back to actually see it. No, my eyes weren't shut; I did it at night...